Peaks pass scam

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Peaks pass scam

Peaks pass scam

It seems like every time I try to book a room at any of their locations online,they claim they have no rooms, but they can easily be booked though other sites for less than my supposed to be a discount price.
    If I book through peaks site,I get a 10% discount + an 8% resort tax, that tax is not on any other site, so its always been cheaper not using my discount.

But how far have you gone on the other sites? Maybe peaks tells you up front But the other sites tell you at checkout.

Sent from my SM-G930F using AlpineZone mobile app
    104(12/13)
    (13/14)
    48(14/15)
    35(15/16)
    50(16/17)
    Rossi Soul 7 w/ Marker F12 (188 ) FOR SALE!
    Stockli Stormrider w/ Look PX 12 (177)

Peaks pass scam

Post a link to the other sites. It make scans easier to recognize.

I tried that on several booking sites, there is no way to use the "discount". One time and was able to get a room at the Grand Summit, even though the site said nothing was available, then I had to jump through hoops to get my discount.
    It just annoys me that they call it a perk, then don't want to honer it.

Quote Originally Posted by asnowmobiler View Post
    I tried that on several booking sites, there is no way to use the "discount". One time and was able to get a room at the Grand Summit, even though the site said nothing was available, then I had to jump through hoops to get my discount.
    Post a link. Peaks is offering this perk but you are probably looking at hotels or condos that are not being rented threw Peaks. I would guess you are looking at an independent inn, realtor or VRBO, which have no financial ties to Peaks.

I'm talking about Grand Summit ant Mt Snow and Kaatskill Mountain Lodge at Hunter, using the Mt Snow site and Hunter site.
    Last night I tried to Book a room at Kaatskill on their site, the best price I could find was $250 a night, I booked it today for $150 for the same night but on Booking.com.

I was told flat out last year that the discount only applies to certain rooms that are marketed at full rate. The cheapest rooms (standard hotel and studios) and already discounted rooms don't qualify. I basically don't consider it a perk. If you put any effort into finding cheap rooms, you can beat the perk easily.

Exactly!

Quote Originally Posted by Jully View Post
    I was told flat out last year that the discount only applies to certain rooms that are marketed at full rate. The cheapest rooms (standard hotel and studios) and already discounted rooms don't qualify. I basically don't consider it a perk. If you put any effort into finding cheap rooms, you can beat the perk easily.
    Exactly!
    its just a bullet on a marketing slide.
    shit happens, wear a helmet.

2018/19
    Breck - 12/2

I booked my wife and her friend 2 nights at the Attitash Grand Sumitt (they are going in a few wknds) and the woman on the phone taking my reservation could not have been nicer.
    Told her we had passes and she gladly applied the 20% discount to any room I wanted.
    2018-19
    Wildcat 11/10

2017-2018 Days: 51
    2016-2017 Days: 51
    2015-2016 Days: 25
    2014-2015 Days: 36
    2013-2014 Days: 25
    2012-2013 Days: 16
    2011-2012 Days: 25
    2010-2011 Days: 24
    2009-2010 Days: 47

Thread Information