• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Site hacked?

asnowmobiler

I keep getting this pop up only on this site, it will not go away unless I close the window.8CFB4950-890B-4D94-B134-71364983914B.jpg7E68E742-E479-4340-A341-8C5544049DEE.jpg
it only happens on my iPad Pro and iPhone X

asnowmobiler

I check checked out the app a while ago and didn’t see why it’s any better than the real site and lacking features,maybe I should reconsider?
my previous experiences with these apps led me to believe they were dedicated to old school phones?

Glenn

I've seen that on other mobile versions of forums as well. I think it's something the admin has to fix on the backend. I've been using Tapatalk to access this and other forums. The AZ app never worked on my iPhone for some reason.

mbedle

I would guess that these are part of the advertisement plan that they use on AZ and not specifically a hack.

VTKilarney

I would guess that these are part of the advertisement plan that they use on AZ and not specifically a hack.

If that's the case, they should reconsider their strategy. Alpinezone was unreadable on my iPhone the last time I checked.

asnowmobiler

I doubt that, it takes you to a fake site and you can't get back here without closing that window and then opening a new window and starting over.

Edd

The most compelling use of the app is easy picture posting. 99% of the time the AZ app works great for me on iPhone/iPad.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone

abc

It says to clear browsing history and website data, that sounds too simple but I'll give it a shot.
You’ll lose all saved passwords and sites you visit frequently (no big deal, just have to retype them again).

Problem is how often you can do that vs how often you’ll “acquire” that pop up again, till the source and the channel that thing came from are stopped.

abc

I suspect it’s still in the server. Otherwise, why do so many all got it around the same time?

As I said, you have to get rid of the source.