• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington 3-15-2018

bdfreetuna

Short report. Tons of snow, perhaps most I've seen at Killington. Snowed 10" last night and 8" more during the day. On top of a ton of soft snow.

Could stick my pole in all the way and it never touched bottom or anything besides powder.

Went with my father today and paced myself accordingly. Tried not to ski much besides woods. It was very easy to avoid anyone else's tracks in the woods.. and though I probably didn't photograph that very well, I was able to score the best powder/tree skiing yet of the season. This was the lightest and fluffiest snow yet/recently and I really enjoyed being able to crush large untouched sections of Juanita, Chop Chop, Tin Man and so forth.

Best conditions I've seen at Killington. And for the haters on Killington's epic vertical I made sure to park at SkyeShip base and take a nice long final run :D

Chop Chop
Killington-3-15_01.jpg

Juanita near the top
Killington-3-15_02.jpg

Juanita halfway down , I was about to take a pic of a totally untouched line (and then ski it)... but another skier caught me looking with the camera and crushed my line. And I missed what would have been a seriously sick photo because he practically buzzed me on the way by (not in a bad way).
Killington-3-15_03.jpg

JimG.

Staff member
Nice!

Hitting Pico Sat and K Sun. Not expecting untouched pow like that but it's gonna be good.

John9

Looks like a wonderland.What are you skiing for those conditions?