• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Cannon - 3/15

gnardawg

Top of the mountain in the clouds when I arrived, snow falling , 100% open, ridiculous amount of snow.

Got on a chair around 9:15 and went to the top - 1st 3 runs Cannon, Profile and Hardscrabble knee deep un-tracked snow. Hit all the glades off the front 5 then finally for the 1st time ever did DJs Tramline. Trail is no joke just incredible. I wanted to get into the Kinsman Woods but had no one to go with. Went over to mittersill and skied a bunch of trees and the lift line - Idiots Delight stood out. Called it a day at 3:45. One of the best days I've ever had skiing on the east coast.

NYDB

I've always wanted to hit cannon with tons of snow. It just seems like it would be fun to explore and looks like it doesn't have much of a runout for big powder days. I've never been so maybe I'm wrong

gnardawg

I had never really been on a big snow day either. It's pretty incredible. You're correct there are hardly any run-outs. I skied mostly trails I had never done before due to lack of snow and I skied 915 to 345.