• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Boot liner lube ?

bigbog

Don't even try it with a cold bootshell...get the bootshell(s) near a radiator when taken off to get the plastic to normal room temp...and get that boot heater into the liners at the first instant anyone gets out of em!! *Remembering to remove any footbeds...leaving a footbed in will prevent the liner bottom from drying at all. A damp liner will crinkle right up and grab inside, especially with a cork bootboard. where a completely dry liner one will slide in without any resistance, will make pushing the heel down easier.

Last edited:

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
If you pull your liners and have moisture between the shell chances are it's melted snow not sweat. If that's the case your boots suck and you have to pull them pretty much every time you go out. Had issues years ago with old Scott boots . I've had 2 different types of Dalbellos and no problems. They dry out quite well without having to pull the liners .

Bumpsis

If you pull your liners and have moisture between the shell chances are it's melted snow not sweat. If that's the case your boots suck and you have to pull them pretty much every time you go out. Had issues years ago with old Scott boots . I've had 2 different types of Dalbellos and no problems. They dry out quite well without having to pull the liners .

I think that most boots will accumulate a bit of moisture (or more) and outside water in the space between shell and liners. Feet sweat and liners are not waterproof unless they were made from neoprene like the Hanson Riva, Exhibitions and Alto (had them all).

Then there is the issue of snow melt that can get inside the boot. I've had a pair of Technicas a few years back that had a serious issue with that. Then, a couple of different Salomons which had decent shell seals (front plug and silicone seal where the shell overlapped), yet, snow did get in. My Full Tilt Drop Kicks leaked like a sieve - had to do a lot sealing to keep water/snow out. And my most recently acquired Dalbello Panterras, although well constructed, will have wetness inside the shell after a day of skiing. Probably a combination of sweat moisture and snow/water getting in.

It's just best to pull the liners out and let them dry, wipe the inside of the shell dry. Boot driers are nice but they are more effective if moisture can easily escape. Anyway, I'm glad to know that recommended CRC silicone lubricant works well with sliding the liners back in.

56fish

Website
www.borderskirental.com
It's just best to pull the liners out and let them dry, wipe the inside of the shell dry. Boot driers are nice but they are more effective if moisture can easily escape. Anyway, I'm glad to know that recommended CRC silicone lubricant works well with sliding the liners back in.

I use the ‘food-grade’ - because aerosols in general, spook some people. Also, a QUICK blast IN the liner to help my rental folks (some not used to putting on ski boots) get their foot in the boot.

:beer:

KustyTheKlown

i never remove my liners and have had a helluva time getting them back in the only times i have taken them out

ski > remove boots > put boots right up on the heat source in the hotel>if alone, on way to mountain, situate boots in passenger seat in such a way that the car's vents are pointing right at them, blasting heat turned up >80 degrees>slide into boots like fleece slippers.

bdfreetuna

didn't know this was a thing but I have the Dalbello Panterras with Intuition liner as well so suppose I'll continue not worrying about it

These boots are pretty comfy I even put them on ice cold and they're fine. Really like the way the liner wraps around, you can get it really snug without any creases or pressure points.

BenedictGomez

i never remove my liners and have had a helluva time getting them back in the only times i have taken them out

Like anything, you get better at it with practice. It used to be a chore for me too, but now I can pull them out and get them back in the boot pretty easily.

FBGM

Get some off the night stand and give her a go. Works on the misses so it will work on yer boot boss

SIKSKIER

i found the easiest way to get my liners back in is to put my whole hand and forearm in right to the toe but facing the opposite way you might think.With my palm facing the tongue and knuckles to the sole.Your arm/wrist bends naturally that way so it feels right.Much easier to push the liner in from the toe than from the upper cuff.Try it as it really works.

JimG.

Staff member
i found the easiest way to get my liners back in is to put my whole hand and forearm in right to the toe but facing the opposite way you might think.With my palm facing the tongue and knuckles to the sole.Your arm/wrist bends naturally that way so it feels right.Much easier to push the liner in from the toe than from the upper cuff.Try it as it really works.

This.

I remove my liners after every day skiing and also remove the foot beds from the liners.

Really cuts down on the stink factor.

ThinkSnow

+1