• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Weekend crowds ?

John9

Just looked at webcams for Camelback, Hunter and Windham. Seeing almost no crowds on a bluebird day with perfect snow. Are they not showing them on cam? What is going on? I know from experience, Camelback is a madhouse on any given weekend or holiday.

Jully

Sunday River was jammed yesterday and Wildcat is even on the busy side today for a 10 degree mid march Sunday.

gmcunni

Breckenridge was practically empty on Saturday. Singles lines at the typically crowded bases areas were only a couple minutes wait, some upper lifts were ski on. it was sunny and warm.

skiur

Friday is the new Sunday. Last two years I've noticed Sunday's much less busy while Fridays have been much busier.

Pez

i think people are thinking spring at this point.

there's also a lot of st pats day parades today that people go to for some reason.

John9

Just remembered, it's day after St Patrick's. Hang overs might be keeping crowds down. I will give Sundays a try going forward.

chuckstah

I was told it was one of the busiest days in years yesterday at Middlebury Snowbowl, but still no lines even with the front side triple on wind hold for an hour plus. They closed a bit early at 3:40 or so as winds increased. I was on the lift when they finally called it and it was time.

catskillman

Just looked at webcams for Camelback, Hunter and Windham. Seeing almost no crowds on a bluebird day with perfect snow. Are they not showing them on cam? What is going on? I know from experience, Camelback is a madhouse on any given weekend or holiday.

Hunter was quite crowed today, as it has been every weekend day this season. Nothing like the epic croweded days this season for sue. Lift line did nto meet or go uphill anywhere I was this weekend. Sunday is traditionally no where near as crowded as Saturday...

newskier

Stratton had crazy lines yesterday--but a bunch of lifts were down due to wind. Plus everyone came out due to the recent storms.
Today at Pico was not crowded at all.

KustyTheKlown

stowe had bad gondola lines, manageable quad lines on saturday
mrg had manageable single chair lines, and ski on double chair lines, today

medfordmike

Skied Saturday at Pico. it was busy for Pico. Lots were nearly full but every lift was open so it spread everyone out. As a result lift lines were only a few minutes and none at all at Little Pico. Burke today was a 2-3 chair wait for the Summit. Friday at Cannon was similar.

Glenn

Stratton had crazy lines yesterday--but a bunch of lifts were down due to wind. Plus everyone came out due to the recent storms.
Today at Pico was not crowded at all.

We went Sunday to Stratton. Longest we waited was a few minutes. Even took the gondola up once while everyone went inside for lunch.