• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Pico-3/19

JimG.

Staff member
Another spectacular bluebird and cold day to finish up my 3 day weekend. I have really taken a liking to Pico! This past weekend convinced me to get a Killington/Pico season pass next season. I'll let the pics tell the skiing story:

Upper Pike glades
Pi5.jpg

Sunrise woods
Pi4.jpg

Outlaw
Pi3.jpg
Pi2.jpg

Spent most of the afternoon skating over to the top of the Outpost double from the Golden Express and skiing there. I love that pod. Got back into the trees past the area boundary near Sidewinder and still managed to score some untouched lines.

The Vermont Special Olympics took place at Pico yesterday. Created an awesome vibe the entire day! Large groups of participants and spectators all day. Lots of cheering and smiles. I didn't watch much but I could feel the happiness created by all involved.
Pi1.jpg

Made me thankful to see that folks still know how to live well and be happy.

JimG.

Staff member
Outpost has small vertical but nice terrain. Outlaw was phenomenal on Sunday.

Outlaw was even better on Saturday. I like that most of the terrain over there gets progressively steeper as you descend.