• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Snowboard repair advice needed

mitchmac

We were putting away the sticks after this weekend and noticed that on my son's snowboard there's a section of the base maybe about 2 inches long and an inch wide right near the metal edge that's basically pulled away from the main body of the board. (It's not completely ripped off the board or anything, but if you look along the edge you can see a gap between the edge and the base). I had just brought it into the shop last week for a repair (major gouge) and don't feel like spending another 75 bucks already, so I figured maybe I'd try to fix it myself this time.

Anybody have any experience in this area or any ideas on what I can use to re-attach a piece of the base to the rest of the board? I'm guessing some sort of epoxy might do the trick but I thought I'd run it by you all first. I'd appreciate any advice.

Thanks!

MarkC

how far has the edge pulled away? Is the sideawall of the board delaminated? Pictures? You will probally need a decent vice / clamps and some marine epoxy but it is hard to tell what has made the edge seperate without seing it.

56fish

Website
www.borderskirental.com
how far has the edge pulled away? Is the sideawall of the board delaminated? Pictures? You will probally need a decent vice / clamps and some marine epoxy but it is hard to tell what has made the edge seperate without seing it.

Good advice. And, golf club grip epoxy works very well. Check your local Pro shop.

mitchmac

Thanks all. I tried to clamp it back together w/o epoxy and it seemed to work until I put some pressure on it...than it just popped apart again. The side-rail wasn't really pulled out...just separated from the base. I meant to put a picture here last night but I forgot. I think I'm going to go the route of a good epoxy and a couple of one-inch clamps - of course it's right along the curve of the board. I'll let you all know how it comes out. Thanks again.