• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Any crazy lines dropped this season so far

rocks860

I’m a wuss compared to any of this but toughest thing I did this year was probably green line at magic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kingslug

Hey..even devils fiddle is considered a nutty line..John Egan said that..its nutty if you think it is..not what others think

shwilly

I have not done anything particularly extreme this year, unless you count dropping off a snowmaking pipe over glare ice into a thicket of willow suckers. I've found a couple of new-to-me woods lines that are lots of fun, though.

rocks860

Well green line was definitely nutty to me, especially since I wasn’t expecting it at all. Was skiing with magicjack and his buddy and they were hitting up the woods next to it which looked a bit too hairy for me so I figured green line would be a good alternative. I was not correct

bdfreetuna

I love Green Line because of the name most folks would just assume it's a relatively easy trail.

And the fact you can't see the cliff from the top so it's easy to assume it's not a tough run.

Hoping to get up there tomorrow actually -- have to check out those woods on the side of Green that are new on the map. I've never skied those.

rocks860

I love Green Line because of the name most folks would just assume it's a relatively easy trail.

And the fact you can't see the cliff from the top so it's easy to assume it's not a tough run.

Hoping to get up there tomorrow actually -- have to check out those woods on the side of Green that are new on the map. I've never skied those.

This is what the guys I was with skied. They said it was good but then end of it was quite intense

Jcb890

For me, it was my visit out to Big Sky in January...

All sorts of steep trees and the terrain off the Tram is legitimately steep and intimidating.

Pez

March 11th, leaving the beartrap lift i skied the rest of the way down Long John. It was a Sunday afternoon. terrifying

Hawkshot99

Hardest thing I skied this year, was not a trail, but the traverse to the run.
Powder mtn got off Paradise lift and headed almost directly down under it. Had to straight line mogul field to have enough speed to go up straight chute. Then "skiing" a sharp ridge with cliffs on both sides, and spots straight down littered with rocks. It opened up into the "goldigger" area on the map. Awesome untouched powder runs because of the hairy entrance to get to it.

I find I am capable of skiing far harder terrain than I think, but my eyes get terrified when I see the stuff.

Sent from my SM-G930F using AlpineZone mobile app

jmgard

Skied something real funky at Wildcat a few weeks ago that was probably the most challenging thing I have done this year. Started at Cat Track a bit past the little hut thing on Upper Wildcat, continued down between Mid/Lower Catapult and Black/Alley Cat. Very fun but was narrow all the way down and had some fairly tight/technical spots and no escape. Pic of my friend in a mellower section: IMG_0592.jpg

Honorable mention to the middle section of Chutzpah at SR last week. Upper was a super fun quasi-snowfield with very small and spaced-out pine trees and lower was a mellow single-black-ish glade, but the middle section had a decently steep drop parallel to the White Heat headwall, and then a tight (and not super-well-covered) pine glade.

Smellytele

Skied something real funky at Wildcat a few weeks ago that was probably the most challenging thing I have done this year. Started at Cat Track a bit past the little hut thing on Upper Wildcat, continued down between Mid/Lower Catapult and Black/Alley Cat. Very fun but was narrow all the way down and had some fairly tight/technical spots and no escape. Pic of my friend in a mellower section: View attachment 23640

Was it like a large boulder strewn stream bed? parts of it Sounds like maybe elevator shaft.

makimono

I don't think that's Thompson Brook, jmgard is on the inbounds stream bed. This was my favorite run at Wildcat back in the 90's. There's a little natural cave halfway down on skiers left that we used to always stop in at and discuss skier safety.

I guess for me this year I got to check off a popular not to-be-named OOB run at Magic that I'd always seen pictures of but never skied, Sweet little trail with a good sized mandatory drop right in the middle. Photo by RustyGroomer

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 83