• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Suggestions for next week?

lerops

Hi all,

Next week is my daughter’s (8) spring break, so we are going skiing. We have max passes. We are good (but not expert) skiers, but can ski a lot of the trails in most mountains.

Does not seem to be any snow on the horizon. Any surprise snow possibility in any of these places? Are conditions good everywhere?

I want to save Killington for true spring skiing. We skied Whiteface and Gore this year, and SR, Pico, Okemo last year.

Maybe Sugarloaf? Would they have better conditions then other places? Otherwise, seems like a long drive from Westchester.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Last edited:

bdfreetuna

You can't really go wrong in VT NH ME. It' mostly stayed cold since the tons of snow so expect still very good conditions and coverage

Just keep an eye on the weather , there might be some ice/rain that affects some areas and not others, halfway through the week or so

lerops

Thanks all. How to best avoid that liquid event? Maybe Sunday River as that seems to be coming from the West?

KustyTheKlown

Friday is a sloppy rain mess on the GFS with a strong low bullseyed in the adks, with minimal wraparound snow on Saturday, and potentially decent snow on sunday. Friday>Saturday could be problematic. I will still be out there somewhere.

Newpylong

Up to a .25" rain coming Thur-Fri here in the Upper Valley NH but then low 40s for the weekend. The snow is going to start to erode this week (it's due) but if there is any thaw/freeze it should soften up by mid morning(s) both weekend days. Should be a good last weekend for several areas.

lerops

I guess the plan is to ski Tomorrow through Tuesday or early Wed next week and then replan the rest of the week!