• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Bear Creek 3/23/18

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
Snow day #2 for my #3 son . Was thinking Bear Creek or Blue? Bear Creek was closed the day before some untracked was on my mind. Also my garbage can at home had been knocked over a few days earlier and last night a" Real Bear" on my neighbors back porch must be an omen . ;-)IMG_8921.jpg

Arrived at 8:30 am 3rd row in the lot. I could see they had groomed and left the sides alone and Sasquatch trail untouched . Lots of stashes . Bear Creek is not a very steep place except for Sasquatch which is difficult at best to lap as it requires a bit of uphill . I headed for Bear trap a small steep section that was ungroomed. My Son is a novice and has a tough time with powder . He headed for the park and we would meet up at the lift. I hit Sasquatch a few times which has a southern exposure. It got very sticky by 10. We eventually went over to the north side and I hit" Extereme"LOL a short Black diamond a couple times . Left by 12:30 things got just too sticky for the low angle that it is . Had fun and little guy was happy he hit a 'Black" that was pretty chopped up. IMG_8920.jpg

Edit .....YES 3/22 not 3 /23 can't edit the header

Last edited:

Ski2LiveLive2Ski

I was there with my 2 kids that day too, skiing all the ungroomed stuff and the little deep off piste runs we could find. As they have much more experience on groomers this was great practice for our trip to Winter Park, assuming we can find some there (currently on layover in Fla on our flight from PA to CO.

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
I was there with my 2 kids that day too, skiing all the ungroomed stuff and the little deep off piste runs we could find. As they have much more experience on groomers this was great practice for our trip to Winter Park, assuming we can find some there (currently on layover in Fla on our flight from PA to CO.

Cool, was a fun morning. Hope you luck out in Co. friend of mine goes out a couple times a year, said things were tough earlier in the season. Looks a bit better recently.

Rowsdower

Looks good. I rode Bear Creek for a solid six or seven years growing up and never once got a day where it was untracked like that. Hope you had fun. Its a small mountain but you can still have a good time there.