• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Stowe 3 24

kingslug

Warren Miller said it best..people drive for hundreds of miles to ski frozen granular..And so we did. I t did soften up around 1 ..and all the bumps where in play. Frozen groomers are ok for a little while..but get dull soon. Found a poor soul spinning and crashing his way down Hayride..which was a mogul field..his friend looking on in amusement..i had to intervene. Only his second day on skis..hmm. i coached him down..he was eternaly grateful..his friend laughing his ass off..filming the whole thing..another youtube moment created.
It was cold..we sought refuge at Spruce..it was colder. The Skinny pancake and some Heady..back to the Gondi. More fun until 2..mrs slug had enough..my brutal 730 chair regime took its toll.
Stopped at Mt Ops to get new bindings for some ancient 85 underfoot skis..from 2010..time to give the Wagners a rest until Utah in April..heard colorodo is suffering..we are ..not.
More fun tomorrow..no early chair..i only get one of those a week.20180324_125043.jpg

kingslug

Day 2..cold but sunny. Trying out my old Sultan 85s today..Got some marker F12 bindings on sale. Hope i like them..havent skied a different ski in 3 years. Heavier than the wagners.

MommaBear

Thanks for helping the kid out. Hate seeing what "friends" do to each other these days. Especially when they record it and post it to the world.

kingslug

It was centerline..wall to wall bumps but fortunately somewhat short. He d id pretty good once i straightened him out..got his hands in front..no leaning back..and picked the lines for him to follow. Did pretty good for 2 days on skis