• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Time for Tuckermans

cdskier

I phone didn’t show description. I see it now after clicking around.

Don't worry. Web browser on my computer didn't show it either when the video was embedded. I used the "open in youtube" option though because I was specifically curious if there was a link to a story or more info in the description (was wondering if the people were ok).

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
Don't worry. Web browser on my computer didn't show it either when the video was embedded. I used the "open in youtube" option though because I was specifically curious if there was a link to a story or more info in the description (was wondering if the people were ok).

My first though maybe would have been if there ok ? But my second time there I took and icy slide from just below the middle rock in the foreground . Had shitty demo bindings and heel blew out , conditions were a lot worse than this video . Actually looks pretty good in this one .

Smellytele

I have caused a fall from the lip before. There was a steady line of skiers going up the right side of it. About 3/4 of the way up a boot hole gave out and I slipped hitting the guy behind me, knocking him down. He then proceeded to take out 15 to 20 people behind him and they all slid back to the bottom. I caught myself and proceeded to the top of the lip almost feeling bad about it - Almost.

I have also gotten up there before and taken one turn and slid out and slid all the way to the bottom.

FBGM

I have caused a fall from the lip before. There was a steady line of skiers going up the right side of it. About 3/4 of the way up a boot hole gave out and I slipped hitting the guy behind me, knocking him down. He then proceeded to take out 15 to 20 people behind him and they all slid back to the bottom. I caught myself and proceeded to the top of the lip almost feeling bad about it - Almost.

I have also gotten up there before and taken one turn and slid out and slid all the way to the bottom.

Sounds like you should stay in the flatlands. Its people like you that have no business skiing stuff like that. Youre the one that puts others in danger. Might as well just bring a tube and blue jenas up.

Smellytele

Sounds like you should stay in the flatlands. Its people like you that have no business skiing stuff like that. Youre the one that puts others in danger. Might as well just bring a tube and blue jenas up.

It was 25 years ago when your mother was wiping your ass.

Edd

Damn, that sounds terrifying.

Smellytele

Damn, that sounds terrifying.

That part of the bowl has a good run out. If that happened in right gully or Lobster the rocks at the bottom would be the issue.
Too many people get to close together when they hike up. You have to leave room for accidents because they do happen.

skiur

Did your mommy not love you enough when you were little? Just trying to figure out why you are such a douche.

ThinkSnow

You have to leave room for accidents because they do happen.
My first hike up to ski Tucks some 20-25 years ago, one thing that sticks out in my mind is another skier hiking down from Lunch Rocks to Hojos, face covered in blood. Don't know what happened to him exactly, but its always increased my "accident awareness" whenever I've been there.

jmarble

So this thread got me thinking about hiking up to the hut this weekend to watch some skiing and then just skiing the Sherburne trail down. Anyone know the condition of the Sherburne? Would this be a reasonable thing to do with a 12 year old who is a pretty strong skier? If not, could also just hike up and down.

Smellytele

So this thread got me thinking about hiking up to the hut this weekend to watch some skiing and then just skiing the Sherburne trail down. Anyone know the condition of the Sherburne? Would this be a reasonable thing to do with a 12 year old who is a pretty strong skier? If not, could also just hike up and down.

Not sure on conditions but from the hut down it really is a intermediate trail so no issue at all with a pretty strong 12 yo skier.The first time I skied the bowl with my oldest he was 12 and my youngest when he was 13. Well we did left gully both times not the lip.

the weather will be the issue this weekend

jmarble

Thanks for the info, I had no idea that was going on. We'll be staying in the MWV and mostly skiing Wildcat. Looks like they may get some snow.