• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Eastern Closing Thread 2018

2Planker

The Cat is in excellent shape ! 44 out of 48 trails.
They were closed Mon/Tues w/ the 'non crystaline precipitation", but came back strong today.
Should have no problem being the last ones in NH...

WinS

jay will be open into may as well (including daily all the way through may 1).

And yes, mt ellen closed a couple weeks ago as per their usual schedule. Sugarbush is down to just the terrain accessed by the super bravo, heaven's gate, and castlerock chairs now as the gate house and north lynx areas had their final weekend this past one.
yes but over 40 trails. And some of the best including castelrock 100% open.

kingslug

And as crazy as it sounds but im missing the east right now. Everything here is groomed out..not a mogul in sight..warm temps make most of the terrain pure mank. Need..some..moguls...

JimG.

Staff member
And as crazy as it sounds but im missing the east right now. Everything here is groomed out..not a mogul in sight..warm temps make most of the terrain pure mank. Need..some..moguls...

Conditions primo at Killington today. Forgot you were heading out to Utah this week. Thanks!

Zand

Add me to the at Killington list. The conditions and snow depth are surreal enough...but the amount of people that showed up to ski it is absolutely nuts. Spring skiing isn't dead.

Jully

Sugarloaf extending their season to May 5 to 6. Didn't expect that at all! I'm busy May 5th... So daytripping to SL isn't going to work sadly... Would be awesome otherwise.

cdskier

I don't throw the "e" word around often, but this weekend was definitely some epic spring skiing at sugarbush. I don't know if you could ask for two better days. Good crowd both days too. I kept thinking people would disappear today but even at 4 when I finally left there were still a good amount of people on the mountain.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Scruffy

Closing day at Mt. Snow today was pretty awesome!! Too bad it's over for Snow, there's tons of snow up there.

Lots of peeps showed up at Mt Snow too for closing day. License plates from all over the North East in the lot.