• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

VT crowds Saturday 4/7?

Teleskier

They were at multiple years of Telefests with demos, where after a slow introduction, I did start seeing them around various mountains on my own. It felt like it was at its peak for about 2-3 years, then it suddenly dropped off as fast as it had sprung up.

graniterider

Well thanks for the recommendation to just go. Went to Okemo myself, my son was getting over a cold and stayed home. I already bought my ticket and after hearing the snow report I decided to go for it. Snow was good, weather was great, and crowds non-existent! Looking forward to Mount Snow next week!

skimagic

Me neither; I literally didnt even know it was a thing until that picture.

Mount snow has a few teleboarder diehards there. I've seen them last few years on a rare day.

As for today, wasn't sure if it was going to be good, but cruised up to Stratton for a great day. Sun bowl closed up but no major crowd

drjeff

Teleboards invited by the Fey brothers. Eric always wants me to try it but I keep putting it off.
I've met Martin before, and been to their shop, for a friend of mine, as it's literally 5 minutes from my office.... Nice guy, and a friend of his, who *may* be a patient of my office (although I'm not allowed to confirm or debt that [emoji12] [emoji12] ) might of been one of the original investors in the teleboard project!!

Actually saw 2 of them on the hill at Mount Snow today!!

Sent from my XT1254 using AlpineZone mobile app

Glenn

Nice day at Stratton Saturday. 6" of new snow helped things along; no crowds either.

cdskier

Sugarbush was busier than I expected on Saturday. Although the PSIA had a big event at Sugarbush this week and I think there were a lot of people on the mountain associated with that group.

jimk

Here's a buddy of mine with a mono-teleboard
1203999071_pic2.jpg

again, in center using a lurk for balance
1203999142_pic3.jpg

photos from Feb 2008

abc

Yesterday at Bell saw a group of teenagers on those skateboard-on-ski contraption. I was amused by how well those kids managed, at least on the flat part of the blue run. I cam see that working fine in the park also.

Teleskier

I've met Martin before, and been to their shop, for a friend of mine, as it's literally 5 minutes from my office.... Nice guy, and a friend of his, who *may* be a patient of my office (although I'm not allowed to confirm or debt that [emoji12] [emoji12] ) might of been one of the original investors in the teleboard project!! Actually saw 2 of them on the hill at Mount Snow today!!

That's cool! Six degrees! I probably should have said likewise... I talked to them at several telefests and 100% concur that they were always really great guys.

I just still feel a little guilty that I never bought one from them, almost did several times, but was already under pressure for the sheer number of skis in the cellar already. To you and me the skis (XC types, backcountry types, alpine types, tele types, etc) look vastly different, but to others it's "a ski is a ski, and you already have X skis." I have the same problem with my bikes (still eyeing a fat tire bike). But I can only take up so much of the cellar space for 'my things' without impinging on the 'our things' Christmas decoration boxes (etc).

Also in prior days, I was warned and advised to never try a monoski, as it supposedly would totally and forever mess up one's alpine skiing form. I had heard it from multiple older-and-more-accomplished-than-me expert skiers at the time, so worried about the same holding true for a teleboard. This whole monoski warning might have been debunked nowadays (not sure if it was a rumor or any truth to it), but it was in back of my mind as well. And it was likely in my early tele days, where initially I would sometimes (on 'off' days) have a moment of panic on the very first turn on each ski ("wait what ski is this, and which goes first again?") when transitioning between alpine and tele skis. My transition from teleboard likewise felt a little worrisome at the time. But now I have no problem switching between alpine and tele, so it was probably more on me as a newbie than it was on the teleboard. I also heard the same mantra about how a skier should never snowboard, so avoided it for decades, but found I had no problem snowboarding and going back to skiing (each platform is so different that I never had those "wait, what am I standing on" moments of panic. The monoski rumor is likely also similar fake bunk.

However the teleboard really was fun though....