• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

This weekend? NY? VT?

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
Radar is looking NICE for SoVt. I'm hoping for a nice surprise when I wake up tomorrow!

Stratton and Mount Snow getting pummeled...and it looks like Okemo and Killington are about to enter the mix, too.

gladerider

stratton getting pummeled? it shows rain right now on NWS.

would SVT better than Catskill? the national weather service says they are about the same. wonder which would be better.
i am trying to decide between belleayre, stratton and killington.

mikes

Radar is looking NICE for SoVt. I'm hoping for a nice surprise when I wake up tomorrow!

Stratton and Mount Snow getting pummeled...and it looks like Okemo and Killington are about to enter the mix, too.
Just rolled in from Okemo. Snowed hard this afternoon. Seemed to be slowing down when we left late in the afternoon. Drove towards Albany at it was snowing out along 100 and 11. All rain and ice once we got to 7.

KustyTheKlown

4.5" gore, 2" whiteface

Just woke up in lake george. Would drive east but got a hotel up in placid later. Gore for me. Lots closed. Will poach. Rock skis

gladerider

On my way to stratton.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

gladerider

Wow. Fantastic condition. Fluffy pow. Legit 6-7"

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

BenedictGomez

Webcam looks like mid winter 26f and cloudy . Going to ski nicely ...I'm tied up, Shhh!@@!. What an awesome place! I'm still skiing storm Riley in my head , can't wait for next year :lol:

Platty's reporting 10" at the base and 15" up top, which got them back to 100% open.

Sadly this caught me by complete surprise, plus the better-half's sick. What an awesome day it's going to be up there.

Kleetus

Platty's reporting 10" at the base and 15" up top, which got them back to 100% open.

Sadly this caught me by complete surprise, plus the better-half's sick. What an awesome day it's going to be up there.

Same here and I'm tied up working the weekend...May try and sneak out tomorrow if I can get my work done but if not...I hope my 4 days at Tahoe while I'm out in CA for work starting next Friday make up for this.

Cornhead

Damn, I was invited to ski Belle, 13", but figured dust on crust wasn't worth the effort. Oh well, going to hit it tomorrow. Kicking self for letting an April powder day slide by. April fool.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using AlpineZone mobile app

abc

Same here.

I had to work IN THE OFFICE yesterday. So driving up to Stratton or Pico in the snow didn’t appeal, even though I knew there’s a chance of good skiing if the weather exceeds forecast.

I completely forgot about the Cats can over perform! Didn’t even check conditions when I woke up this morning.

My excuse for my lack of motivation is partly rooted on two hard crashes I sustained on my Big Sky trip (one of the “crash” was actually a slip on ice outside my lodging, but it was a pretty hard landing, in the same part as the skiing crash). 2 weeks later, it was still hurting a bit. Not impediment to ski a foot of fresh. But big inhibitor in the frequency of checking storm totals. :(

Last edited:

KustyTheKlown

gore upgraded report to 8". it skied great. no one other than me poaching woods made for fresh lines all day

IMG_6765.jpg

woooooo i'm ski lift rick!!! ::belch::

IMG_6768.jpg