• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

This weekend? NY? VT?

kingslug

Got to K...late...very late...pissed..the significant other blew my whole plan...didnt get on the hill till 1030..missed all the good stuff...the best laid plans of slugs and men...ruined in an instant...never again. The plan is the plan..she can stay home and and sleep all she wants..im out.

KustyTheKlown

I skied chatiemac, straight brook, darkside, double barrel, chatterbox, and cave. very few other lines. some had no other lines

abc

Kind of strange Bellyare repors a foot and Hunter reports a summit 6 , then changes it to 4 inches.
It is strange. Both Plattekill and Belleayre reported 10+”. Gore also revise UP from 4 to 8. Hunter is between Belleayre and Gore, but revise DOWN from 6 to 4.

Its a strange storm.

Harvey

Website
nyskiblog.com
It is strange. Both Plattekill and Belleayre reported 10+”. Gore also revise UP from 4 to 8. Hunter is between Belleayre and Gore, but revise DOWN from 6 to 4.

Its a strange storm.

This is pretty normal from what I've seen over the last 10 years. In the bottom of the valley (5 miles from Plattekill) there was about 2 inches.

Pez

I'm at Stratton right now. Packed powder everywhere that's open. It's like mid winter.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Cornhead

Belleayre was pretty damn sweet today. PP groomers, natural trails were slick below, but copious amounts of snow formed into fresh soft bumps above. Nice consolation prize for being an April fool and missing out on the Pow day Saturday. I'd say their snow report was fairly accurate.

Some lady on the gondola was commenting on how much better the conditions were today over yesterday, yeah right. Nice to share some turns with fellow AZer's Jim G, and abc. I didn't notice any tele skiers showing off under the lifts.[emoji12]

Sent from my Moto G (4) using AlpineZone mobile app

KustyTheKlown

Should have driven south when I woke up. Whiteface was meh. Didn't even open the summit, too firm. Oh well, powder day yesterday

abc

Shared the consolation prize with Cornhead and JimG at Bell. Skied all over. Even ventured into the woods briefly. Snow in the glade was nice and soft. Rocks not so soft. Hit a couple, ate some bark (1st time). No damage to ski or skier though. All good fun.

Killingtime

Killington looked like the middle of January this weekend. Started snowing late afternoon Friday and was still going when I got up there around midnight. Was gonna call it a season but decided to head back up this coming weekend.

chuckstah

Bolton Valley today was mid winter conditions as well. Good cover on all open trails, and the low angle woods skied great. Good base all over, except on some of the steep exposed natural trails. Too bad the Timberline lift is down. Felt like January. Great day all around, except for my fat ass breaking through to water while skiing a sketchy riverbed. I stayed mostly dry lol.

Sent from my LGMS345 using AlpineZone mobile app

Last edited: