• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hunter North

benski

LOL! I am sure they will find a way to sell tickets there.

It says the map the lot is only for 250 cars, a fraction of there total parking capacity, so no reason the believe at this faze it will attract the masses.

catskillman

That new six pack should go to the top of WhiteCloud, so there's two ways to Wayout and yes you will still be able to get to Wayout from WhiteCoud no matter where the lift drops you off.
Not according to Russ. He had a map of the plans in the lodge and specifically said there would be no more route 80.

maybe that changed - I will try and track him down later today.

catskillman

*Season pass holders.

I don't believe there will be any ticket sales there. I bet there will be lots of tailgates there, like the backside of Greek Peak.
There will be a ticket booth there according to the plans / permit .

raisingarizona

I suspect they are not much more than quads, since a the capacity increase seams to be small due to them typically having fewer chairs. I think the advantage is big groups can sit together and people can have more time to get ready for the chair.

I fully support this message. We love our six pack here at AZ Snowbowl.

And with a new base area and parking there it's not just for doing laps but a feeder lift to get people up and out to different areas of the mountain.

raisingarizona

Speaking of which, now you are getting a Chondola?

That's the word. They are shooting for this summer but we'll see how the FS does on getting their NEPA studies done in time for that. I guess they want the gondola cars for scenic riders. We have a ridiculous scene here for what we call "snowplayers", basically it's Sonoran desert people that aren't familiar with snow that come up here to park on the side of the road, throw snowballs, sled and build snowman. There is a huge market for a tube hill and riding a lift and no one has yet capitalized on it! The crowding gets so ridiculous that a few Christmas's back when we had a bunch of early season snow it took me two and a half hours to drive home. It's normally a 20 minute drive. Hopefully Snowbowl can figure out how to manage the traffic and parking.

crystalmountainskier

That's the word. They are shooting for this summer but we'll see how the FS does on getting their NEPA studies done in time for that. I guess they want the gondola cars for scenic riders. We have a ridiculous scene here for what we call "snowplayers", basically it's Sonoran desert people that aren't familiar with snow that come up here to park on the side of the road, throw snowballs, sled and build snowman. There is a huge market for a tube hill and riding a lift and no one has yet capitalized on it! The crowding gets so ridiculous that a few Christmas's back when we had a bunch of early season snow it took me two and a half hours to drive home. It's normally a 20 minute drive. Hopefully Snowbowl can figure out how to manage the traffic and parking.

Crazy. Wonder if it will be Doppelmayr or Poma. Arizona Snowbowl is the only resort in the country with the newest lift models from all three lift manufacturers. Must be nice!