Ski vises - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ski vises

So after entirely too much research, as is the cross I bear, I decided to go with the RaceWax World Cup All Metal Three Piece model. Came to $84.54 with free shipping. Thanks for all the suggestions everyone.

President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    Does anyone have experience with, The Jaws of the BEAST?

That's the other 3 contact model I'm looking at, a bit more expensive at $110.

https://www.beasttuning.com/Jaws-of-...ise-p/3020.htm

I bought everything from Beast. Very good quality. Get the catalogue..has everythig you need in it
    Lets go!
    I'll drive.

Lets go!
    I'll drive.

Hyde Park, NY...Hunter on Weekends in the Winter...
    Artech ski has good stuff too!

Quote Originally Posted by Scruffy View Post
    Can't compare, since I've had this one for ~ 25 years now and it's always worked very well.

http://www.tognar.com/profi-ski-vise...nafit-nnn-sns/

It comes with a boot dummy that you click in your binding and that locks the ski down. There are multiple holes in the boot dummy tongue, so you can push the center of the ski and bend it slightly so you can really get a snug hold on your ski if you need it.

The vise also has the ability to quickly put the ski on either a 45* angled edge or straight edge; like this:

A lot of the time, if I'm doing light work on the ski or simply waxing, I don't bother with clamping in the ski with the boot dummy, I simply put the ski on the ski vise and the rubber on the tops of the vise holds it nicely, or the ski nestles into the 45* position and is held firm enough for sharpening. Or the quick vertical clamps hold the ski in the vertical position firmly.

Check the link for the product above, and read the description. Holds a lot of ski and binding types.

Mine has lasted ~25 years and is still going strong. If I need to replace it, I wouldn't hesitate to buy the same model again.
    Started using same in shop 4 seasons ago. Is absolutely killer! Versatile - All contact points can be simply moved to accommodate anything but, snowboards, well. Frequently use to tune w only brake
    retainers and, the 2 supports.

Thread Information