Killington 4 7 - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Killington 4 7

Quote Originally Posted by SnowbirdDevotee View Post
    I guess this is a pretty dumb question, but maybe not. Is it worth the extra hour to drive to Kton vs Gore? I assume Kton has plenty of high speed quads so I'll get my money's worth of vertical vs what look to be slow Gore lifts. Also, I like moguls and wonder if Gore would have enough for me. I don't have much experience spring skiing, but I'd guess if temps are in the 50's Saturday it should be a great day in the moguls. This is the year for late skiing. I skied Saturday, at Camelback, it was dead-on winter, except for snow quality, the steeper slopes were hard as rock (but not really true ice) and you had to wonder if one slip would lead to a long slide.

Between this year and next I'm going to have to broaden my horizons and do Kton, Gore and Belleayre(after i learn to spell it).
    I personally like Gore a bit more than K, although I would recommend visiting both and deciding for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by kingslug View Post
    I like K better than Gore. Better steeps..better moguls
    I've skied some awesome spring bumps in the past at Gore on trails like Lies, Rumor, Lower Steilhang, etc. I've skied good bumps at K too, and for me it is hard to say one is better than the other.

I have the perfect day Saturday to break out and go skiing, somewhere. The forecasts seem to be all over the place with possibility of rain. I guess a little rain not too bad.

Glad to hear that Gore and Kton are at least comparable to some degree.

Thread Information