• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

NFS Approves Two Newly Developed Backcountry Glade Skiing Areas in WMNF

bigbog

"No Backcountry For Old Men"

LMAO JimG! ...I can see tons of us geezers wandering around in the outdoors grabbin' a buzz and then just tossin' the empty cans wherever:lol: ...(it's what we live for!:lol: ) Teens of the NE = the sober crowd:lol::lol: Admittedly it would sure be nice to have some more terrain to have at least some hiking trails on which to ascend on. Once any amount of accumulation has been reached it's pretty darn tough to make it up without any type of pointer trail to the summit....

Last edited:

Hawk

Someone should make an 80's movie where these hill people who illegally destroy public forest land and the flatlanders who drive 4 hours to track out their secret stashes fight at first and then find common ground against the evil corporate interests preventing them from drinking beer and throwing snowballs at the local ski resort.
That's perfect. I like it.

Always get a kick out of the "locals" in MWV. Mom grew up there and I have been going there since I can remember. Almost all of the "locals" are from away. Just a bunch of nimby's. If you can't find areas to go without the crowds not much help for you.

bdfreetuna

“You’ll lose it, if you talk about it.” - Ernie Hemmingway

That's why we're going to go ahead and talk about it. A world full of secrets is not a world of equal opportunity.

Powder days and knowing how to pull off a season, in spite of other humans, is how you worry about taking care of yourself without the expense of others.

That gets pushed too far? Les Otten has your back, and he's working on it :lol:

witch hobble

Always get a kick out of the "locals" in MWV. Mom grew up there and I have been going there since I can remember. Almost all of the "locals" are from away. Just a bunch of nimby's. If you can't find areas to go without the crowds not much help for you.
You are getting your terminology mixed up.

Local: someone who has established residency in a certain location.

Native: someone who was born in and has familial ties to a certain location.

Both can be NIMBYs.

You can be a “former local” but you’re a native even after you’ve moved away.