• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

where are we going this weekend?

BenedictGomez

Jay would have had a clear late season lead if not for this lift issue. Won't hold it against them ;)

Is the Flyer going to reopen if they get this issue fixed, or is the whole place (other than Jet) stick a fork in it done?

I'd come up in late April or early May if Jet + Flyer is open as the forecast looks pretty favorable on the temps. Never-Ending Winter.

Steve@jpr

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Could be. They get here end of next week and need three days to complete. If I was a betting man, I'd bet against it though.

Steve,

What's the prognosis for weekend of April 28 then? Will you expect any repairs to be completed on the Tram or at least minimize possibility of damage in order to open up other lifts?

Thanks for the info in advance!!

Steve@jpr

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
I think the best scenario would be they get here late next week and get a fix in and then there's enough snow May 5/6 to open something Tramside at that point. Lots of weather to come between now and May 5th though as I'm sure you're aware. Temps in the 50's to near 60 next week with sun is going to do a number on things imo.

Is the Flyer going to reopen if they get this issue fixed, or is the whole place (other than Jet) stick a fork in it done?

I'd come up in late April or early May if Jet + Flyer is open as the forecast looks pretty favorable on the temps. Never-Ending Winter.

The Sneak

Kitz and Timbuktu needed more snow than last Saturday ended up being, but Expo on over to Beaver Pond skied quite nicely. Some awesome turns to be had tramside on Sunday. TONS of base in there too.

xlr8r

Thinking about doing a very long day trip from Waltham to Okemo Sunday to close out my season. Looks like they have more open than Killington, and I was at Killington 2 weeks ago anyway.

Killingtime

Thinking about doing a very long day trip from Waltham to Okemo Sunday to close out my season. Looks like they have more open than Killington, and I was at Killington 2 weeks ago anyway.

Going to Killington on Saturday but Okemo is definitely an option for Sunday. Gotta see how much is open. I know Killington has been shutting down terrain for their lift replacement projects.

kingslug

Which figures as I have that spring pass. Awesome snowpack and Stowe is closed...Jay is hurting..and K is shutting down areas. Hmmmm

Jcb890

Snowdon quad was closed yesterday due to an electrical issue.
Looks like they're shutting down a shitload of terrain. Ramshead closed for the season, only lifts they plan to run are K1, Superstar and Canyon Quad... quite disappointing.

Maybe we won't go to Killington on Sunday and will instead pick somewhere else that has more open terrain right now. Killington will still be players for a bit with the Superstar pod, so there's time to use the last 2 passes.

Domeskier

Looks like they're shutting down a shitload of terrain. Ramshead closed for the season, only lifts they plan to run are K1, Superstar and Canyon Quad... quite disappointing.

Maybe we won't go to Killington on Sunday and will instead pick somewhere else that has more open terrain right now. Killington will still be players for a bit with the Superstar pod, so there's time to use the last 2 passes.

Disappointed I won't get to ski Bear this season. I really need to start using my spring pass, but this endless winter is sapping my will to make the trip.

Jcb890

Disappointed I won't get to ski Bear this season. I really need to start using my spring pass, but this endless winter is sapping my will to make the trip.
What is this "Spring" you speak of? :D
I have been looking forward to some nice corn harvesting and its either been mid-winter cold or some type of mixed precipitation. Last Saturday was OK with some soft snow, but crazy fog/cloud cover.

We don't love the terrain over on Ramshead, but I generally find it easier and more convenient to park/set up camp there.

I guess Killington still has more trails open than Sunday River, so maybe we'll stick to Killington on Sunday. Otherwise, maybe we'll do closing day at Mt. Snow or somewhere else that has more trails open.

machski

I thought they might run Snowdon Triple this weekend. Probably will depend on what if anything they are doing with the Quad removal.

Sent from my XT1650 using AlpineZone mobile app

xlr8r

Yeah right now just looking at their website Killington only has 136 acres open, now things could change for the weekend, but that is a lot of shrinkage. Okemo essentially has the entire main mountain served by the Sunburst 6 still open at 318 acres, Mount Snow still has a whopping 455 acres still open. For the Max Pass Okemo seems to me like the best play. No way I'm driving up to Maine for a day trip.

bdfreetuna

For the moment, Okemo is a good play for spring bumps/less drive/lots of trails/some groomed.

Mount Snow an excellent play for this weekend, North Face will be amazing and Olympic Woods still skiable.

Have to admit Sugarbush currently takes the cake for most interesting current offering. I do like those chutes past Paradise in corn/sun conditions, might get up there for Sat or Sun.

If Jay didn't have problems with the Tram right now they'd be #1 easily. If Stowe didn't decide to close a month early they'd be up there as well.

Mount Snow woods on Carinthia today::::

Won't be a much better chance for spring skiing than this weekend and the next few days after. Then say bye bye, hop on a bike, and watch YouTube POV ski videos when it's 100 degrees out.

7394426621378173175.jpg

Last edited: