• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

where are we going this weekend?

makimono

Wildcat was freaking amazing today! Got there about 10am and the lot was practically full, I don't ever remember parking as far from the lodge...but the line wasn't bad at all 10 minutes max and a ton of people left after lunch, so by 2:30 - when the moguls were at their best - the quad was mostly ski on or 2 minutes max. 100% open, even donated some ptex to Hairball, but spent most of the day farming hoots from the chair....good time hi-fiving-strangers kind of vibe :thumbup:

gladerider

Da K was amazing yesterday. Great coverage. Don't remember seeing any brown spots. I wouldn't be surprised if they made it to June.

Okemo was good. A lotta brown spots. But the top half was much better than the lower half. I can see them losing a lot of base during the rain storm next week.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

JimG.

Staff member
Mount Snow was great today. Great deep coverage, never worried about my ski bases, even in the woods. Skied the front side until 12:30, then North face had softened up and it was amazing. I had never been in Olympic glades and had a great time in there with so may different lines to try. Was very busy today but the singles line on the 6 pack moved along and north face was 5 chairs at the most. Longest wait was at Carinthia around noon. They easily have the snow to make another weekend, and I saw lots of day passes, but I get that its time to move on after already extending a week.

PEAKS would gain TONS of flatlander loyalty if they were to re-open for next weekend.

prsboogie

Mount Snow was great today. Great deep coverage, never worried about my ski bases, even in the woods. Skied the front side until 12:30, then North face had softened up and it was amazing. I had never been in Olympic glades and had a great time in there with so may different lines to try. Was very busy today but the singles line on the 6 pack moved along and north face was 5 chairs at the most. Longest wait was at Carinthia around noon. They easily have the snow to make another weekend, and I saw lots of day passes, but I get that its time to move on after already extending a week.
Hey QM you still one those Aftershocks?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Quietman

Hey QM you still one those Aftershocks?

Yup! They were great in Sunday's mixed conditions. Not great in the woods, but good all around in slush and firm snow. Best $125 skis that I've ever had! Thanks!

prsboogie

Yup! They were great in Sunday's mixed conditions. Not great in the woods, but good all around in slush and firm snow. Best $125 skis that I've ever had! Thanks!
Glad your looking them!

skiur

Killington will be fine, there is more than enough snow to survive rain, even the higher elevation woods should still be in play this weekend.

chuckstah

It looks like either Wildcat>Sunday River or both days at the River for me, depending on wether or not Wildcat is accepting midweek passes Saturday.

Sent from my LGMS345 using AlpineZone mobile app

SkiingInABlueDream

I haven't done more than notice the Saturday rain cloud on my weather app, but do ppl think this weekend will actually be good (or at least has a chance) or are ppl just going for the sake of going? After this past weekend, Im less than psyched to ski under a cloudy sky.

kingslug

oooooh....weather for K looks..like crap. Rain saturday then cold sunday..so nice and icy. What do the weather gods say. If I stay home I'll be stuck..working on the fence, yard, etc.

Jcb890

oooooh....weather for K looks..like crap. Rain saturday then cold sunday..so nice and icy. What do the weather gods say. If I stay home I'll be stuck..working on the fence, yard, etc.
Saturday looks like it might be overcast, but the rain could hold off for some/most of the day. I think we might try and do Saturday rather than deal with some possible re-freeze conditions on Sunday.