• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington 4/21/18

gladerider

the parking was a mess. i decided to unload my wife and daughter and all the equipment at the unloading area, parked on the access road near rams head lodge. took me a while to hike up. there is no way my wife and daughter would have hiked up with equipments.
after skiing, i skiied down to the car using idler. was a good call.

a shuttle would have been nice.

ALLSKIING

Staff member
the parking was a mess. i decided to unload my wife and daughter and all the equipment at the unloading area, parked on the access road near rams head lodge. took me a while to hike up. there is no way my wife and daughter would have hiked up with equipments.
after skiing, i skiied down to the car using idler. was a good call.

a shuttle would have been nice.
There was a shuttle they just needed more.

Sent from my SM-N950U using AlpineZone mobile app

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
Bumps that faced south turned to glop. Ovation was groomed flat. Big Dipper, Cascade were flat. The naturals I did do (Ridge, Flume, Escapade, Old Supe) were ungroomed but nothing special.

Vertigo did have nice bumps, especially the headwall. Superstar was OK. So yes...there were bumps...but a lot less and a lot smaller than what you'd expect at K on April 21st.

JimG.

Staff member
Bumps that faced south turned to glop. Ovation was groomed flat. Big Dipper, Cascade were flat. The naturals I did do (Ridge, Flume, Escapade, Old Supe) were ungroomed but nothing special.

Vertigo did have nice bumps, especially the headwall. Superstar was OK. So yes...there were bumps...but a lot less and a lot smaller than what you'd expect at K on April 21st.

Northstar and Great Bear over the Snowdon side really had the best of the bumps.

Didn't mean to make you feel I was dumping on your TR...I really don't care at all about mountain ops. As long as the lifts run and there is good snow I'm happy. So it's easy for me to come into ski area chaos and just figure out the quickest way to the goods. I didn't even know that I could literally ski back to my car door, ALLSKIING showed me that.