Skier speed trap hell - Page 41

AlpineZone

Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31394041
    Quote Originally Posted by sull1102 View Post
    All this talk of Corvettes being the best performance for the money, LoL... No. Unbelievable performance for the many absolutely, right up there, but just a small step below the real boys. I mean even the new Camaro ZL1 comes real close on track but just cannot handle as tight. Hell a Hellcat or Demon is more interesting overall, just be very careful cause it wants to kill you. The real competitors would be a BMW M4 and M2 competition packs. They handle significantly better than anything GM can manage and the interior/tech is all far superior as well. Of course BMW comes with it's own stereotypes, but hey the Vettes sure do cover up for something small as well!
    I'd have to do research and test drive to determine which car has the best performance for the money. But that is not my main concern.

Again, I'm not a fan of European cars in general. Many seem to think that euro cars have better build quality but I think they are way overpriced and outrageously expensive to maintain. Friends of mine who own euro cars often complain about service issues, especially after 100,000 miles. BMW may make a sports car that has advantages over a Corvette but quite frankly BMW styling reminds me of a shoebox and that's not what I'm looking for. I would say the same for Mopars. I've owned one Chrysler product in my life and it was the biggest sh*tbox ever. Got rid of it after 3 years and many service issues. None of those models you mentioned come anywhere close to the styling of the Corvette.

If I were to look overseas for a sports car I would look to Japan over anything from Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by sull1102 View Post
    Just to confirm for everyone, Mount Tabor's finest was out in full force aka all of one with his Charger. Was there in the way up to K and then again heading home in the afternoon in the exact same spot so much so I kind of wondered if he had moved at all in the 7-8 hours that had passed.

All this talk of Corvettes being the best performance for the money, LoL... No. Unbelievable performance for the many absolutely, right up there, but just a small step below the real boys. I mean even the new Camaro ZL1 comes real close on track but just cannot handle as tight. Hell a Hellcat or Demon is more interesting overall, just be very careful cause it wants to kill you. The real competitors would be a BMW M4 and M2 competition packs. They handle significantly better than anything GM can manage and the interior/tech is all far superior as well. Of course BMW comes with it's own stereotypes, but hey the Vettes sure do cover up for something small as well!

Sent from my LG-H820 using AlpineZone mobile app
    The Vette smokes the M series in just about all driving performance categories.

This article breaks it down well.

https://www.asburyauto.com/compare/2...-bmw-m4/141890

Sure, the European interiors are nice, but if driving performance is what you are after, the Vette is the better choice. And I agree with Jim on exterior styling being better as well.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

Thread Information