Summer 2018 Northeast Offseason Improvements - Page 4

AlpineZone

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Hyde Park, NY...Hunter on Weekends in the Winter...
    Quote Originally Posted by Funky_Catskills View Post
    F**cking pile drivers going off at 6:55AM this morning.... uuuuuuuuug....
    Gotta get her done!

Quote Originally Posted by andrec10 View Post
    Gotta get her done!
    Was on a conference call earlier today and they set off a BIG ASS explosion lower on the hill that the people on the call actually heard.... hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Funky_Catskills View Post
    F**cking pile drivers going off at 6:55AM this morning.... uuuuuuuuug....
    I was wondering how they got this work done so quick, I think I have a good idea now!

Sent from my SM-G925P using AlpineZone mobile app
    2014-2015
    11/3- Sunday River
    11/9- Bretton Woods
    12/13- Bretton Woods
    1/18- Wachusett
    1/25- Watatic
    1/29- Wachusett

www.skibigsquaw.com

Quote Originally Posted by sull1102 View Post
    I was wondering how they got this work done so quick, I think I have a good idea now!

Sent from my SM-G925P using AlpineZone mobile app
    It's absolutely relentless - in a good way. They seem to be out all day - every day. Im amazed at the whole process...

Quote Originally Posted by funky_catskills View Post
    was on a conference call earlier today and they set off a big ass explosion lower on the hill that the people on the call actually heard.... Hahaha
    wow!

When you compare it to similar projects in recent years it's really impressive. Look at Waterville and their new pod that has taken a couple summers and still needs a little bit of work. They started back in the summer of 2016 and I think the Green Peak Triple didn't actually run until January 2017 and even then there was no snowmaking and trails weren't "cleared" down to grass like these beautiful pastures Hunter is building. It wasn't until summer 2017 that WV got the trails cleared out and finished cutting and clearing the rest of them. Even this winter snowmaking was very limited. Meanwhile Hunter looks to have this terrain 100% open with snowmaking by opening day...

Sent from my Pixel using AlpineZone mobile app
    2014-2015
    11/3- Sunday River
    11/9- Bretton Woods
    12/13- Bretton Woods
    1/18- Wachusett
    1/25- Watatic
    1/29- Wachusett

www.skibigsquaw.com

When you compare it to similar projects in recent years it's really impressive. Look at Waterville and their new pod that has taken a couple summers and still needs a little bit of work. They started back in the summer of 2016 and I think the Green Peak Triple didn't actually run until January 2017 and even then there was no snowmaking and trails weren't "cleared" down to grass like these beautiful pastures Hunter is building. It wasn't until summer 2017 that WV got the trails cleared out and finished cutting and clearing the rest of them. Even this winter snowmaking was very limited. Meanwhile Hunter looks to have this terrain 100% open with snowmaking by opening day...

Don't kid yourself, Waterville is STILL finishing clearing and grading the Green Peak trails this summer and adding in snowmaking lines.

Quote Originally Posted by machski View Post
    Don't kid yourself, Waterville is STILL finishing clearing and grading the Green Peak trails this summer and adding in snowmaking lines.
    Agreed. Mega kudos to Peaks for being so efficient here. Its not complete yet, so I guess we can't quite count our chickens yet, but all signs are good thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by Jully View Post
    Agreed. Mega kudos to Peaks for being so efficient here. Its not complete yet, so I guess we can't quite count our chickens yet, but all signs are good thus far.
    Start counting your chickens, it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Jully View Post
    Also keep in mind that the Waterville Valley expansion was done under their SUP and a Forestry Services permit. I am guessing, but pretty sure, that the environmental requirements for the Hunter expansion were a lot less than what Waterville is dealing with.

Thread Information