Season Pass Judgement Day - Page 4

AlpineZone

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    ikon base. super tempted to buy the magic sunday pass on sale for $219. but will probably augment ikon with skiVT-5 and champlain valley card.
    ~the stars turn, and a time presents itself~

Quote Originally Posted by Jully View Post
    I prefer Ragged to Sunapee by a good bit. Less vertical by a couple hundred feet. Groomers are less interesting as a whole, though I like Showboat and Flying Yankee better than any groomer at Sunapee. Sunapee has a fair number of rolls and turns, while Ragged's main blues have a bulldozed feeling (Exhibition, Newfound Ridge, Lower Ridge). I prefer groomers at Sunapee, but you get more skiing in at Ragged as there are fewer crowds and the lifts are shorter and a bit faster.

However, Ragged has amazing glades when they are open that really make the place shine when open (it is why I prefer it to Sunapee). Also a few smaller, narrow trails (though most of them are short) that are great on a powder day or a non-icy mogul day.
    Thanks for the input.

Did Killington/Pico passes for the family for the upcoming season. Last year we did Pico with the Max Pass add on, which was a nice option that will be missed. Without having a discount / "add on" option for the IKON pass we simply cannot justify the cost, so they lost our family as customers there.

I do with Powdr Corp had a pass that spanned their portfolio. If so we would do that and plan a trip to Copper over next winter.

Did my K pass yesterday. Really miss the Max Pass. Beat it to death last year. Still on the fence with the Ikon Pass. I usually start planning out my winter in August, so still have another month or two to decide.

Just bought my K/Pico season pass. Last day for best price.

Also getting NYS 3 in 1 but the best price is good until 8/17.

Quote Originally Posted by Killingtime View Post
    Did my K pass yesterday. Really miss the Max Pass. Beat it to death last year. Still on the fence with the Ikon Pass. I usually start planning out my winter in August, so still have another month or two to decide.
    I agree we will miss the Max Pass as well. The "add on" price made it a no-brainer. Without an add on option the IKON is much much harder to justify. (I could see if someone didn't already have another mountains season pass the IKON could make sense, but is definitely worse for the Northeast skier as compared to what Max Pass offered).

Yeah, I think Alterra massively missed the boat by not offering (and improving with their newly larger portfolio) the MAX pass. All the folks here buying the IKON indicate I'm wrong though, so???????

Splitting my time between the coasts, I've bought a Loveland Pass for the West Coast. With its Powder Alliance and other partner benefits, it gets me 3 tix at 30+ western resorts. Kind of MCP meets MAX sort of thing. These include T-Line/Skibowl/Stevens in the PNW, Homewood/Sierra at Tahoe/Sugar Bowl in Tahoe and Castle/Whitewater/Silver Star/Marmot in the Canadian Rockies.

I'm still trying to figure out what to do for the east coast. Unfortunately spending more time in Philly this next year than NYC the past few. May get a weekday (Traveler) Peak pass for JF/BB day trips and do some multiday trips up to VT and NH.
    Last edited by 2planks2coasts; Jun 17, 2018 at 4:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 2planks2coasts View Post
    Yeah, I think Alterra massively missed the boat by not offering (and improving with their newly larger portfolio) the MAX pass. All the folks here buying the IKON indicate I'm wrong though, so???????
    Based on a survey of my circle of friends (obviously a pretty small sampling) they will sell far fewer IKON passes than they did Max Passes. Unknown if it will be more profitable than Max or not. Had there been an add-on discount option for IKON, I may have chosen to do one, but at full price there was no way I could justify it.

Also though, my circle could be the outliers in finding Max to have been a better option. Maybe there are a lot more people who find IKON to be better.
    Last edited by boston_e; Jun 18, 2018 at 8:46 AM.

Boston e "Based on a survey of my circle of friends (obviously a pretty small sampling) they will sell far fewer IKON passes than they did Max Passes."

I've had the Max Pass since it became available. Haven't bought the Ikon and I'm still not sure if I am going to. For skiers based on the east coast the old Max Pass was great. It all depends if I am going to do another out west trip this year.

Sticking to last year's plan... ie reliance on Vermont 5/3 passes and Ride and Ski New England Card (midweek 1/2 price @ Jay, Sugarbush, Killington, Pico, etc)

Then a trip to Boston Ski Show and see if I can scoop up a few more freebies or cheapies

Might pick up one of those 3 pack MRG cards although the price is slightly high IMO
    Last edited by bdfreetuna; Jun 18, 2018 at 9:54 AM.
    2017/2018: Baby Julia born 12/3/2017!
    [Bolton Valley: 2/19] [Bromley: 2/7] [Jay Peak: 4/11, 4/12] [Killington: 12/15, 1/10, 3/15*, 3/24] [Mad River Glen: 2/14, 3/9*] [Magic: 3/8***, 3/23] [Mount Snow: 11/27, 12/22*, 4/19] [Pico: 2/9] [Stowe: 2/15] [Sugarbush: 4/22]

2016/2017: * = powder day
    [Berkshire East: 1/16, 2/10] [Bolton Valley: 1/1, 2/5*, 2/19] [Burke: 12/17*, 1/28*] [Heavenly: 3/5*, 3/11] [Jay Peak: 1/29*, 4/9] [Jiminy Peak: 11/26] [Killington: 12/4, 12/10, 4/8*, 4/15] [Kirkwood: 3/8] [Mad River Glen: 2/25] [Magic: 2/13*] [Mt Rose: 3/7*] [Mount Snow: 4/3] [Northstar: 3/10] [Okemo: 11/23] [Pico: 1/7*, 2/18, 3/19] [Smuggler’s Notch: 1/22] [Stratton: 2/4] [Stowe: 1/21] [Sugarbush: 1/2] [Telluride: 3/27, 3/28*] [Whiteface: 2/12]

Thread Information