• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington 4/29 & 30

JimG.

Staff member
Sunday was the last day for the canyon. Drizzled all day but it was not cold and the snow was soft. Escapade, Downdraft, Cascade, Double Dipper, Catwalk all really good. Skied everything over by the North Ridge area too. The Light was roped but skied great, best trees of the weekend:

Klast3.jpg

My buddy Karl

Klast2.jpg

I stayed over and woke up to snow on Monday. Down to SS quad only but skiing was really great. Ovation still solid top to bottom with nice bumps on lower headwall. Skyhawk had more great bumps:

Klast4.jpg

SS and Bittersweet and Skylark had a lot of groomed terrain but Low Road was also nicely bumped at a lower pitch. First Tracks in Somewhere:

Klast6.jpg

Quite a few land mines under the 2" fresh but I managed to get through smoothly:

Klast5.jpg

By about 2pm the snow started to change to rain; I was done at 2:30 heading home by 3pm. Day 50 and 2017-18 ski season in the books.

Last edited:

SkiRay

This past weekend at Killington

cant believe we didn't see each other on Sunday.

We had to CROSS path again! We were there. Ovation on Sunday was the run of the day for us. And on Saturday Downdraft..

Highline was fun to hit on Sunday and both Saturday and Sunday Big Dipper Woods had some points. We closed the mountain out on Sunday - bittersweet as it might have been our last day of the season.

At the summit - https://www.facebook.com/AlbaOutdoors/videos/vb.1487643868120630/2079336515618026/?type=2&theater