• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Bra trees

bdfreetuna

Can I designate a "bungee cord tree" and toss a bunch of bungee cords onto a specific lift line tree next year at Sugarbush?

You can. But I will identify that tree and bring my high school jock strap from Lacrosse team. And then you will be responsible for starting a new trend much worse than the bras.

SkiFanE

Who here feels they have gotten out of control? Used to be there was one bra tree on a mountain, and it had one well placed bra on it. Now, it's every lift line it seems like, and there's half a dozen bras, and beads on every tree up the line and those CD disks. I mean, it just looks like litter now.

I know i don't need to ask for them, but I'd like your opinions please!

EVERY lift line? C'mon. The big one was ripped down with new Spruce. Whatever. The orange rope all the way down right side of Bims Whim makes my blood boil tho lol. That is ugly litter.

bdfreetuna

Weren't they panty trees back in the day?

If by "back in the day" you mean this season and every season under the Skye Peak Express Quad...

Let's be clear: The reason nobody has mentioned panties yet is because these are not WOMENs underwear this is KIDs underwear. There's no appeal here! If you are 12 years old you get a pass. Otherwise........

Actually @ Sugarbush on April 22nd I noticed some of the most glaring examples. I believe under all 3 major lifts in operation but most memorably beside Heaven's Gate.

If my vote counted I'd say clean that stuff up but don't make it a hardcore rule. Just clean it up a couple times a season and eventually it will lose it's draw.

Last edited:

thetrailboss

Staff member
As to the OP, I have to agree. There used to be ONE "lucky tree" at a resort for folks to throw beads on during spring skiing and riding. Now, at least at Alta, there are like ten trees under Sunnyside. There are like four under Gadzoom at Snowbird. I'm not sure why folks needed more than one tree to decorate. It is a problem at Alta because that is National Forest land, and, at least before El Trumpo, the NFS was pretty concerned about impacts to the forest.

Domeskier

I'm glad someone is finally standing up for all those squirrels and chipmunks strangled to death by discarded bra straps and mardi gras beads.

mikec142

Again not surprised NJ has a strong standing in this area. No frickin way this started at Vail.

This made me laugh. Being from NJ, my first thought was there was no way this originated in Vail.

While not a big fan of the bra tree, it's the empty beer cans that disappoint me. My imagination allows me to think that my fellow skiers share my love of the outdoors and a desire to keep our environment clean.

GregoryIsaacs

I remember during the good old pre-legal days steamboat had an acrylic bong tree. Thats something I can get behind

Smellytele

I was at wildcat with my wife riding up the lift and this loser snowboarder (snowboarder, skier doesn't matter loser is the important part) in front of us just tosses his Gatorade bottle over his shoulder off the lift like it was no big deal onto the trail. I said something loudly but he didn't acknowledge it. Wife told me not to start trouble at the top with him even though I wanted to.

Glenn

I have an idea for a tree: Backpacks with Bluetooth speakers. It's more of a public service kinda thing. "Saving you from getting stuck on the chair; saving everyone on the mountain from your crappy music." :lol:

cdskier

I have an idea for a tree: Backpacks with Bluetooth speakers. It's more of a public service kinda thing. "Saving you from getting stuck on the chair; saving everyone on the mountain from your crappy music." :lol:

Normally I hate those bluetooth speakers with a passion, yet this past weekend I heard a couple people playing music at Sugarbush and it didn't bother me at all. For the spring skiing atmosphere it just feels a bit different and more appropriate (music was appropriate too which may have also helped - i.e. Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville)

ceo

Every time I see a bra tree, I'm tempted to go pick up a pair of size XXXL tighty whities to contribute.