Your goals for next season 18/19?

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Your goals for next season 18/19?

Places you haven't been to in years? Trails / Lines you'd like to try? Any ski areas you've never been to?

for me:

- Getting out west again. The only time I ever skied out was was Alta in 2006. It did not end well.

- With the news of the Snowbowl lift going to Magic, I'm feeling the need to ski Magic this upcoming season. I've been hesitant that last few years do to the lift issues they've had. I was last there sometime in the late 80's when there were two sides to the resort.

- I really want to ski all the little MA areas. Otis Ridge, Catamount and even Ski Ward.

- I also want to go into the season sub 200lbs. post 42 and the metabolism slows right down.

revelstoke for the first time
    back to jackson
    squaw and/or mammoth with good snow
    ~the stars turn, and a time presents itself~

FBGM

Drink at Huntah. Folowed by FBGM.

Spend as much time skiing with my 3 year old as possible, which will be limited as we have a zero year old arriving in November.

If I can get about a dozen solo days in, I'll be happy. Mainly Wildcat with some days at Magic, Black and Whaleback as well. I bought a McIntyre pass for next year to go along with my Peak Pass as Mac is 40 minutes away which will be good for short sessions with my 3 year old and it includes 3 days a piece at Magic, Whaleback, Black and a few others. Solid deal at $239

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

Multiple days at Magic
    Get to SBush and Loaf for first time in years
    Get better at DIY edge tuning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't have "goals" for my recreations.

(I do have other "goals". Those are things important enough that I'll stop skiing to achieve if need be)

But I do have plans, as I bought the IKON (base) pass.

- Christmas-NY in Colorado, probably split between Steamboat and Copper
    - Big Sky + Jackson, probably February
    - Deer Valley + Alta-bird, March

- Optional: Banff + Ravelstoke, April (if I still have stamina) Or in case Big Sky or Deer Valley have droughts

Oh yes, Stratton or any of the other Eastern mountains when I'm not traveling. Follow the snow.

[EDIT] How did I forget Sugarbush? Will definitely hit that as the top priority in the east!
    Last edited by abc; May 18, 2018 at 9:50 PM.

Trip out west, somewhere. Leaning towards Banff or over to BC (Revelstoke, other areas along the Powder Highway). My youngest is finally out of high school, so if spring break times coordinates with other schedules, this may be a family trip (expensive, ouch!!)...
    Live for today

Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    Spend as much time skiing with my 3 year old as possible, which will be limited as we have a zero year old arriving in November.

If I can get about a dozen solo days in, I'll be happy. Mainly Wildcat with some days at Magic, Black and Whaleback as well. I bought a McIntyre pass for next year to go along with my Peak Pass as Mac is 40 minutes away which will be good for short sessions with my 3 year old and it includes 3 days a piece at Magic, Whaleback, Black and a few others. Solid deal at $239

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app
    After investing a solid month on the bunny slope, I had my 3-year-old skiing almost every trail at Bretton Woods and even some glades. 2 kids means man-on-man defense, so I say taking the 3-year-old as much as possible is a solid contribution to your parenting duties! And the more you do it, the more fun it will be by the end of the season.

speaking of goals, i skied 50 days and over 1,000,000 tracked vertical this year, which, as a combo, has always been my white whale.

i may not get to hit 50 again next year due to less vacation time at new job (for the first year i will have one week less vacation than at the job i am leaving, but it goes back to even [4 weeks] after 1 year), and having a significant other who i actually want to spend travel time with. i will still get 40 no problem but 50 seems like a stretch next season.
    ~the stars turn, and a time presents itself~

Get a bra on a bra tree.

Thread Information