SAM: Peak Resorts Pass Sales Up Thanks to Drifter Pass - Page 10

AlpineZone

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Quote Originally Posted by machski View Post
    Well, I've heard a lot of complaining from Belknap County lately surrounding Gunstock and it's management. I believe some even questioned if it ever really did "print money". They have over extended themselves in debt for the Zipline, Coaster, ect. And their skier numbers have been down last two winters. Even heard some speculation county may look to sell.

Sent from my XT1650 using AlpineZone mobile app
    Very interesting. I would assume it would be a tempting asset to many potential buyers.

While Gunstock is closer to my house than Cannon. It is only 20 minutes closer and once I get off 93 it is a crap shoot on the speed you could travel. Cannon is worth the extra 20 minutes. It is 15 minutes further than Ragged and I would rather ski at Ragged as well.
    2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days 2017/18 - 57 days

Quote Originally Posted by Smellytele View Post
    While Gunstock is closer to my house than Cannon. It is only 20 minutes closer and once I get off 93 it is a crap shoot on the speed you could travel. Cannon is worth the extra 20 minutes. It is 15 minutes further than Ragged and I would rather ski at Ragged as well.
    For those in the North Shore MA, Seacoast NH and ME coast up to Wells/Kennebunk, Gunstock is the closest place to get 1,200-1,400 feet vertical (unless I'm missing somewhere not named Shawnee in Maine that would be closer to coastal ME). I would also imagine that being by the lake is a plus. It could serve as a draw/reminder for those who like traveling to Winnipesaukee in the summer, but aren't die-hard skiers, to make a trip on the weekend. I haven't been to Ragged in 15 years (and Gunstock in 12), but the crowds at Gunstock used to be much larger than those at Ragged as I recall.

Not disagreeing with your assessment on the terrain at all.

Ski season is always too short

Thread Information