Fishing 2018

AlpineZone

Thread: Fishing 2018

Fishing 2018

I had a good ski season, especially March and April.

trout5.jpg

Stoked to start fishing.

Mike and I went for a row at the East Branch on 5/6. Neither of us expected to catch much just wanted to get out. Bass were invisible save for a 6" largemouth I caught. But we did find some good yellow perch action and caught about a dozen between us:

trout4.jpg

Today we went to the controlled river section of the EB and found recently stocked brown trout:

trout1.jpg

Feisty rainbow trout:

trout2.jpg

and a few beautiful holdover browns:

trout3.jpg

Enjoyed wading in the river but damn some of the rocks were deadly slippery.

This thread is so inspiring!
    I'm planning a dream fishing trip to Los Roques, already found a good affordable flight from my place through http://losroques-travel.com/en/flights/ . So very soon I'll be boasting of cool pics too Have you ever been sishing in Los Roques? Can't wait actually for my vacation!

Items for Sale
    Congrats on the browns and rainbows JimG! Love browns and rainbows so much, all we have up here in mid-central to northern Maine are brooktrout and landlocked salmon....have to drive a hundred+ miles for browns/rainbows. Yeah, aluminum studs/bars are the more environmentally friendly but I definitely need a wading staff as well. Such a PITA to need practice in wading/walking in waders...somehow my fore/aft balance needs practice, especially in the pushy currents even of many small brooks up here. Nice shortsleeves....the areas where I like to go up here....temps have yet to stabilize in the low 60s (middays).

Think everybody could use a week of bonefish in Los Roques olout88...y/n?
    Last edited by bigbog; May 15, 2018 at 7:06 AM.
    SteveD

Yeah wading staffs always wind up being a PITA; I just need some felt soles for my waders for extra traction. But doing that slippery rock dance in the middle of the river and almost filling my waders seems like a yearly right of passage.

Early on it was chilly but by noon it got warm and I could fish in shirtsleeves. That water is always icy cold right through summer though; fed from the bottom of the reservoir upstream.

Great Memories, I'm quite Interested in Fishing as well. As I'm pretty New Hiker I haven't tried yet maybe soon going to do Fishing
    By the way very Inspiring Post

Thread Information