Oldest and youngest ages for pass pulled by ski patrol? - Page 4

AlpineZone

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    It would appear we have come full circle back to the 80s and should be wearing "Bermuda" shorts.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

Which means if you want to get ahead of the curve to the resurgence of early 90s fashion, you should pick up some cut off jorts.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    Yes.

Fanny packs, Cargo pants/shorts, and socks with sandals, are 3 of the cheapest forms of male birth control.
    Fanny packs are fine but have to be worn ironically. Male tights, are the cheapest form of birth control.

Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    Perhaps that is why my wife became pregnant during winter this time around
    I have been meaning to say congrats on your new pending family addition.

Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    Are cargo shorts uncool?
    According to people who care about such things, yes, and they have to tell you all about it. It seems like everything that's comfortable and practical is declared uncool by someone, but cargo shorts prompt particular fervor.

Once I was reading an article about how horribly uncool cargo shorts were and what a stupid undateable shlub you'd be if you wore them. It suggested more "stylish" alternatives such as...jorts with rolled cuffs. For a grown man.

I was struck as if by a bolt from the blue. Cargo shorts haters wanted to put me in rolled-cuff jorts! I could safely ignore all opinions like this for all time. I have, and I am pleased to report that my love life has been just fine.

Sometimes I even wear cargo shorts with Tevas! Hate on, haters. I've never ducked a rope in cargo shorts, though.

Quote Originally Posted by shwilly View Post
    According to people who care about such things, yes, and they have to tell you all about it. It seems like everything that's comfortable and practical is declared uncool by someone, but cargo shorts prompt particular fervor.
    You could by the same shorts without the cargo pockets. They are just as comfortable, unless you actually used those cargo pocket, in which case what are you schlepping around?

You know, people actually suck. Yup the cats out of the bag. So with that said, do whatever the F*ck you want. Who cares what people think, wear what you want. Hell wear nothing at all and say to yourself......F*ck those people! It's not my problem that people are so insecure that they have to give people crap about what they wear. I don't ever know what the term "haters" is. Those people can go f*ck themselves also. HA!

Quote Originally Posted by benski View Post
    You could by the same shorts without the cargo pockets. They are just as comfortable, unless you actually used those cargo pocket, in which case what are you schlepping around?
    The thing that I did like about cargo shorts were the pockets that you could either button or zip to keep things from falling out. Don't like my phone or keys in my back pocket or upper front pockets. Liked the lower on the leg pocket to put the phone.
    2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days

Never had a pass pulled, but had one close call. Early season at Sunday River years ago, Flying Monkey was supposed to be open, but Jordan was on windhold, so they had it roped off. They were running the Jordan Double though, so I knew I could hit it, and get back to Aurora. Amazing run with fresh powder, but after exiting the glade and while heading down to the lift, a patroller on a snowboard flies up and says something to the effect of "what do you think you are doing?". He then passes me, presumably to beat me to the base, so he could confront me about it before I got on the lift, but it happened that his back pack was open. Stuff started flying out, a sandwich among other items. He realized it and stopped ahead of me. I briefly considered continuing on in hopes he would choose to retrieve his stuff over reprimanding me, but decided to do the right thing and pick all of his stuff up for him. The right thing to do, and I figured he would have to be a real dick to pull my pass after that! He was appreciative and basically just said "don't do it again". We even briefly discussed how great the glade was skiing!

Hmmmmm. That was me !
    In over 20 years I think I pulled 2 passes. One was a 68 year old guy throwing his beer can off white heat lift, after several times having his pass pulled for other infractions. The other was a 12 year old who jumped off the Aurora lift "to see how deep the powder was". Both were season passes....

Probably had 50-100 conversations w/ folks over the years about why I should pull your pass, BUT usually decided to let them off w/ a warning. A lil kindness and a stern warning goes a LOT farther than just being a dick

Quote Originally Posted by Riverskier View Post
    Never had a pass pulled, but had one close call. Early season at Sunday River years ago, Flying Monkey was supposed to be open, but Jordan was on windhold, so they had it roped off. They were running the Jordan Double though, so I knew I could hit it, and get back to Aurora. Amazing run with fresh powder, but after exiting the glade and while heading down to the lift, a patroller on a snowboard flies up and says something to the effect of "what do you think you are doing?". He then passes me, presumably to beat me to the base, so he could confront me about it before I got on the lift, but it happened that his back pack was open. Stuff started flying out, a sandwich among other items. He realized it and stopped ahead of me. I briefly considered continuing on in hopes he would choose to retrieve his stuff over reprimanding me, but decided to do the right thing and pick all of his stuff up for him. The right thing to do, and I figured he would have to be a real dick to pull my pass after that! He was appreciative and basically just said "don't do it again". We even briefly discussed how great the glade was skiing!

Thread Information