• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Oldest and youngest ages for pass pulled by ski patrol?

deadheadskier

Staff member
According to people who care about such things, yes, and they have to tell you all about it. It seems like everything that's comfortable and practical is declared uncool by someone, but cargo shorts prompt particular fervor.

Once I was reading an article about how horribly uncool cargo shorts were and what a stupid undateable shlub you'd be if you wore them. It suggested more "stylish" alternatives such as...jorts with rolled cuffs. For a grown man.

I was struck as if by a bolt from the blue. Cargo shorts haters wanted to put me in rolled-cuff jorts! I could safely ignore all opinions like this for all time. I have, and I am pleased to report that my love life has been just fine.

Sometimes I even wear cargo shorts with Tevas! Hate on, haters. I've never ducked a rope in cargo shorts, though.
<---- currently wearing Cargo shorts and Tevas

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

deadheadskier

Staff member
There's nothing wrong with the Tevas, so long as you're not wearing socks with them.

The cargo shorts on the other hand......
Well, I prefer flip flop Tevas, so socks aren't a possibility.

But, if I did wear Tevas with socks, I really wouldn't care what others think.

Fashion a thing for you?

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

Edd

I’ve also read/heard opinions over the years that men should not wear sandals/flip-flops. That’s madness. Screw socks in the summer. I avoid them as much as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

FBGM

I’ve also read/heard opinions over the years that men should not wear sandals/flip-flops. That’s madness. Screw socks in the summer. I avoid them as much as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Maybe if you give yourself a lil tuck ah la Bruce Jenner and throw the man card away it is then fine to wear your socks cargo shorts and Tevas.

bdfreetuna

Cargo shorts are the only shorts I wear unless I plan to get wet. Nothing else matches the concealability. I wouldn't want my vape bulge showing.