• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski storage at the mountain

tjf67

I ski at whiteface and they raised the price to 20 dollars to store skiis for the night. Would be interested to know the prices at other hills?
Any help?

KevinF

TWENTY BUCKS for the night??? Are they tucking each ski into its own little bed with chocolates on the pillow?

I have never used a mountain's overnight ski storage service. Dry 'em off with a towel, and toss them in the car / hotel room. Free.

ajl50

for the price of ski storage - you can have the ski's tuned.

bvibert

Staff member
I never knew mountains did that. $20 seems way steep to me, then again anything other than free would seem too steep to me. Is it that much of a hassle to just bring your skis with you??

SKIQUATTRO

unless you are getting a tune with that $20.....Deer Valley is free inside overnight storage.

tjf67

I never knew mountains did that. $20 seems way steep to me, then again anything other than free would seem too steep to me. Is it that much of a hassle to just bring your skis with you??

I have a locker at the hill. Its not about me what I do. I am wondering what other hills charge.

wa-loaf

Jeeze, just drop them off at the shop for an overnight edge and wax. Probably cost you less.

I did stay at a hotel in Telluride that had a ski valet. That was sweet!

drjeff

Mt Snow is $3 for the night. $20 has got to be the biggest rip off out there. Maybe it's New York State's covert way to raise extra funds for the state budget! ;)

Jay's Dip Powcher

Help me understand this...you brought your skis to the mountain but can not take them back out with you? Do you also leave your boots, ski pant and jacket there?
:dunce:

tjf67

Help me understand this...you brought your skis to the mountain but can not take them back out with you? Do you also leave your boots, ski pant and jacket there?
:dunce:

I leave my skiis in a locker. I take everything else home with me.

MarkC

I usually leave everything in a locker unless I am planning on going to a different resort. It takes too much effort to pack up every day, I would rather spend that time :beer: