Poison ivy spotting - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Edd View Post
    My concern is that both times Iíve gotten hit, I didnít know it until a couple of days later. For all I know it wasnít poison ivy, but something else. Iíve proven to be inept at spotting it.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
    I went on a field trip when I was in the 6th grade ,I can remember my science teacher telling the kids to rub Jewel weed on themselves to prevent poison ivy . I always thought he was pranking us , It was funny watching 40 kids rip Jewel weed apart and rub it on their legs and arms . Apparently there is a folk remedy but it doesn't work .

https://www.wemjournal.org/article/S...91)70066-1/pdf

Maybe some type of lotion before you go hiking might work?
    " 2020 Make America Cold Again " Something we all can agree on !

Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    I got it so many times as a kid, I'm beginning to think I've become immune to it.
    This is definitely true for me. If I get into it, I barely get it and even washing with regular soap prevents it all together.

87B4793F-0EC0-4185-BBE7-3BB2B27F304C.jpg

Forgot about these guys , a friend was trimming some shrubs in his back yard a brushed his cheek by accident

Quote Originally Posted by Siliconebobsquarepants View Post
    87B4793F-0EC0-4185-BBE7-3BB2B27F304C.jpg

Forgot about these guys , a friend was trimming some shrubs in his back yard a brushed his cheek by accident
    I bumped into a Saddle Back once. It was way more of a burning sensation vs poison ivy.
    "I like homemade food. I just do."

Trying to figure out how my neighbor got it when I cut some trees down . If this video is accurate it doesn't become airborne. Thinking their dogs got into some and brought it home ?

Quote Originally Posted by Siliconebobsquarepants View Post

Trying to figure out how my neighbor got it when I cut some trees down . If this video is accurate it doesn't become airborne. Thinking their dogs got into some and brought it home ?
    That was very interesting assuming heís correct.

Poison ivy spotting

Hereís another toxic plant I know nothing about but itís found here in New England.

https://www.bustle.com/p/giant-hogwe...oid-it-9764667

Beware of Giant Hogweed: http://www.news9.com/story/38647348/...ital-burn-unit
    Don't I've ever encountered it, but form, if not size, it looks like a lot of other stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Edd View Post
    That was very interesting assuming heís correct.
    i got it a few years ago after a bike ride. i tried everything. the best method for the itchness was baking powder and vinegar.

i watched this video a couple of years ago. i clean myself after my bike rides. i haven't gotten it ever since.

Gladerider

Thread Information