Vermont Post July 1 - Page 10

AlpineZone

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Yeah, and a bunch of us have called bullshit on this supposed raft of people lighting up.

This just doesn't happen more than a handful of times in one's lifetime, at worst. And has been proven by Stanford, is not going to pose a problem unless it happens for hours.

It is not worth getting worked up about.

Live Free or Die
    137 days 08-09
    16 days 09-10

I don't really see the social value in promoting yet another way for people to try to escape the oppressive emptiness of their small and desperate lives, but I guess that's part of the bargain.

Quote Originally Posted by Jully View Post
    I personally (can't speak for others) was just refuting the claim that it is risk free or that there is any medical consensus about the long term effects of weed.
    Yup. As I noted before, the proper (expensive) research on marijuana's effect on human health is rather scant. That said, it's smoking, anyone who thinks it's not likely to at the very least have a negative effect on alveoli function or lung cilia are kidding themselves.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Quote Originally Posted by GregoryIsaacs View Post
    Same goes for being publicly intoxicated, playing loud/shitty music, smoking cigarettes in non-smoking areas, skiing too fast etc... (I can go on all day with things that are far more prevalent and annoying)

Seems to me like you have a problem with society in general... dont put this all on the pot heads here
    I do have a problem with society in general when people act self-centered and entitled and feel rules don't apply to them. Any of those other bad behaviors should be addressed as well (and I've said as much on some of those topics when they've been discussed in other threads). Using other examples of bad behavior to justify another form of bad behavior makes zero sense.

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    Yeah, and a bunch of us have called bullshit on this supposed raft of people lighting up.

This just doesn't happen more than a handful of times in one's lifetime, at worst. And has been proven by Stanford, is not going to pose a problem unless it happens for hours.

It is not worth getting worked up about.
    You're right. What I've seen with my own two eyes doesn't happen. What was I thinking?

Bottom line is that it is rude (and still illegal) to light up in public around others. Not sure why this is difficult to understand and why some people are trying to justify it as no big deal (any "responsible" users that I know would agree with the perspective of this being rude and something they wouldn't do).

I dont think anyone is implying that smoking anything isn't going to impair lung function.

But vaping, edibles, etc are pretty much risk free.

CDC - you are acting like this is a major problem you encounter regularly. People are calling BS on that, and I'm going further and saying it is not a big deal, or certainly worth getting as upset as you seem to be about it. Get it? Not that it has never happened, not that it isn't still currently illegal.

Do you report every single person you see speeding to the cops? Because in this day and age, this is the equivalent rule breaking in terms of the law. You see, we have votes and society has determined weed is a lesser offense than even speeding (which has higher fines). It just isn't a big deal, both to the majority of society, as well as the law.
    Last edited by AdironRider; Jul 9, 2018 at 11:52 AM.
    Live Free or Die
    137 days 08-09
    16 days 09-10

Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    I do have a problem with society in general when people act self-centered and entitled and feel rules don't apply to them. Any of those other bad behaviors should be addressed as well (and I've said as much on some of those topics when they've been discussed in other threads). Using other examples of bad behavior to justify another form of bad behavior makes zero sense.

You're right. What I've seen with my own two eyes doesn't happen. What was I thinking?

Bottom line is that it is rude (and still illegal) to light up in public around others. Not sure why this is difficult to understand and why some people are trying to justify it as no big deal (any "responsible" users that I know would agree with the perspective of this being rude and something they wouldn't do).
    Reagan is that you????!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GregoryIsaacs View Post
    Reagan is that you????!!!!!
    Why I people fighting so hard to insist that it is okay to light up on a lift with a stranger without at least asking?

If you light up on a lift with strangers you are rude. Period.

I believe no one has stated that. I have stated it is not worth getting upset about, people are rude all the time for much more mundane stuff that this apparent rash of pot smokers.
    Last edited by AdironRider; Jul 9, 2018 at 12:51 PM.
    Live Free or Die
    137 days 08-09
    16 days 09-10

Quote Originally Posted by VTKilarney View Post
    Why I people fighting so hard to insist that it is okay to light up on a lift with a stranger without at least asking?

If you light up on a lift with strangers you are rude. Period.
    Exactly. I really don't understand it either. Seems incredibly simple to me.

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    I believe no one has stated that. I have stated it is not worth getting upset about, people are rude all the time for much more mundane stuff that this apparent rash of pot smokers.
    If you think I'm getting upset, you're wrong and reading way too much into what I'm saying. While I think it is rude, I personally wouldn't bother to report it (but I also wouldn't have a problem if someone else felt strongly enough about it and wanted to report it).

I would prefer people don't wear too much cologne on lift.
    Very offensive!

Thread Information