Vermont Post July 1 - Page 3

AlpineZone

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 143
  1. #21
    Smellytele's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Right where I want to be
    Posts
    6,479
    Quote Originally Posted by rebel1916 View Post
    I have no problems with weed used privately, but when I go skiing with the fam, I don't wanna share the lift with some boom boom huck jam kid blazing up. The upper crust types that all the Vt resorts cater to are not likely to be cooler about it than I am. I am worth considerably less to the resort than the Boston or NY money contingent, but I am worth way more per day than the average pothead kid. Dollars and sense, bro.
    To be honest most people I see (or smell) smoking weed are not the type which you have generalized above. More like 30 somethings. I don't see too many upper crust types at the places I usually ski in VT but then again maybe I don't ski where they do.

    2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days 2017/18 - 57 days

  2. #22
    The second hand smoke thing is mostly going away anyways. Most of the average"pot head kids" now vape. People should obviously be polite, but someone vaping near you really shouldn't be anymore offensive than someone cranking beers at the ski lodge bar


    Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by rebel1916 View Post
    I have no problems with weed used privately, but when I go skiing with the fam, I don't wanna share the lift with some boom boom huck jam kid blazing up. The upper crust types that all the Vt resorts cater to are not likely to be cooler about it than I am. I am worth considerably less to the resort than the Boston or NY money contingent, but I am worth way more per day than the average pothead kid. Dollars and sense, bro.
    pothead 33 year old employed professional here. your stereotypes are tired. my friends and i spend plenty of money and the resorts want our business desperately. look at the abundance of for-30s type passes.

    i don't want to ride the lift with snooty toot parents who think they're better than people who don't see the world as they do.
    ~the stars turn, and a time presents itself~

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by KustyTheKlown View Post
    pothead 33 year old employed professional here. your stereotypes are tired. my friends and i spend plenty of money and the resorts want our business desperately. look at the abundance of for-30s type passes.

    i don't want to ride the lift with snooty toot parents who think they're better than people who don't see the world as they do.
    Ya that's all well and good but I don't need or want someone roasting up on the side of my 11/9 year olds.

    Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    15-16 Killington 11-17-16

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by KustyTheKlown View Post
    pothead 33 year old employed professional here. your stereotypes are tired. my friends and i spend plenty of money and the resorts want our business desperately. look at the abundance of for-30s type passes.

    i don't want to ride the lift with snooty toot parents who think they're better than people who don't see the world as they do.
    Quote Originally Posted by prsboogie View Post
    Ya that's all well and good but I don't need or want someone roasting up on the side of my 11/9 year olds.

    Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Sounds like Mt. Snow (and places with redundant lifts like it) should make the Bluebird "substance free" and the Grand Summit the smoking/drinking lift

    Much better than the private lift model floated years ago.

  6. #26
    Smellytele's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Right where I want to be
    Posts
    6,479
    Quote Originally Posted by Jully View Post
    Sounds like Mt. Snow (and places with redundant lifts like it) should make the Bluebird "substance free" and the Grand Summit the smoking/drinking lift

    Much better than the private lift model floated years ago.
    Like family sections at sports stadiums.
    2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days 2017/18 - 57 days

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by prsboogie View Post
    Ya that's all well and good but I don't need or want someone roasting up on the side of my 11/9 year olds.

    Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    But totally cool for people to drink around them right? Or do you abstain from any restaurant, sporting venue, or other public even where alcohol is sold?
    Live Free or Die
    137 days 08-09
    16 days 09-10

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    But totally cool for people to drink around them right? Or do you abstain from any restaurant, sporting venue, or other public even where alcohol is sold?
    I would avoid public venues where people aspirated alcohol into other peoples faces, definitely.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    But totally cool for people to drink around them right? Or do you abstain from any restaurant, sporting venue, or other public even where alcohol is sold?
    Direct second hand smoke is an issue for kids (or frankly anyone with lungs). Alcohol, unless the effects on the person consuming it end up causing harm harm to an innocent bystander, isn't going to have any direct secondary effect at that moment in time to any kids in the area.
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days, '17-'18 season 52 days, '07-'18 seasons: 567 Days

  10. #30
    Im all about doing my business in the trees out of habit anyhow.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 5:11 PM.