Vermont Post July 1 - Page 6

AlpineZone

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 143
  1. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Smellytele View Post
    I have been on the blue bird before loading from the singles line and got on with a group of 5 that lit right up under the visor. I was sitting on the edge and tried to inhale the least amount possible and tried to get any fresh air I could.
    You didnt demand they put it out? That might be the most outrageous lift story I've ever heard.

    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC



  2. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Edd View Post
    I very much agree. It’s weird to do it when it’s not obviously agreed upon by all present on a chair/gondy. Anyone that does that without explicit permission is either stupid or a teenager.
    Under poor parenting.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC



  3. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by drjeff View Post
    The reality is that there are likely both good and bad parts to CBD/THC use/consumption, but not enough is known of the pros and cons to definitively say
    You'll know more about the negative effects of marijuana smoking in 10 or 20 years.

    A big part of the problem with this is that, ironically, it being illegal made studying it accurately (or at all) nearly impossible. And the relatively few places in the world where it is legal aren't generally places that are going to spend the tens-of-millions of dollars necessary on large, placebo-controlled, double-blind, clinical studies with multi-year follow-ups. Another challenge I foresee to studying this is going to be patient recruitment, because so many marijuana smokers are also cigarette smokers. Those "dual smokers" will be a useful patient-set that needs to be concomitantly explored, but they'll need to recruit folks who've only smoked pot and haven't been tobacco-users, and that might be challenging for the CROs.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC



  4. #54
    Smellytele's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Right where I want to be
    Posts
    6,426
    Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    You'll know more about the negative effects of marijuana smoking in 10 or 20 years.

    A big part of the problem with this is that, ironically, it being illegal made studying it accurately (or at all) nearly impossible. And the relatively few places in the world where it is legal aren't generally places that are going to spend the tens-of-millions of dollars necessary on large, placebo-controlled, double-blind, clinical studies with multi-year follow-ups. Another challenge I foresee to studying this is going to be patient recruitment, because so many marijuana smokers are also cigarette smokers. Those "dual smokers" will be a useful patient-set that needs to be concomitantly explored, but they'll need to recruit folks who've only smoked pot and haven't been tobacco-users, and that might be challenging for the CROs.
    of all the pot smokers I have known well (20-25) in the past 20 years I can only think of 2 that have smoked tobacco.
    2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days 2017/18 - 57 days

  5. #55
    JimG.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Hopewell Jct., NY
    Posts
    9,900
    Quote Originally Posted by Smellytele View Post
    of all the pot smokers I have known well (20-25) in the past 20 years I can only think of 2 that have smoked tobacco.
    My experience as well.

    Funny thing is that alcohol is legal and has been proven to be toxic to good health in many ways. So I'm not sure what the rational is to demonize pot as bad for your health.

  6. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Smellytele View Post
    of all the pot smokers I have known well (20-25) in the past 20 years I can only think of 2 that have smoked tobacco.
    I'd say of the people I knew (because virtually nobody smokes pot anymore) it was something like 40%, which though a minority is a big number when you're trying to find people for a study. Maybe it wouldnt be as hard as I think, but it's definitely something researchers will need to be mindful of early or they'll taint their data.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC



  7. #57
    Marijuana smoking, vaping, baking, or any other form of consumption is more prevalent and common now than at any other time in history, including even the good ol' 60's and 70's, and the numbers continue to grow year after year. In addition thanks to the legalization efforts nationwide studies have been and continue to be conducted so these myths will be debunked shortly. Like weed smokers also being cigarette smokers, not true. Maybe cigarette smokers are more likely to try weed once or twice or even once a year, that I can totally see, but those that smoke weed primarily very rarely are also cig smokers and I doubt the number of folks that tried weed then said cigarettes are the way to go is teeny tiny. Cigarettes have a much worse reputation now than weed does, especially with younger generations.
    2014-2015
    11/3- Sunday River
    11/9- Bretton Woods
    12/13- Bretton Woods
    1/18- Wachusett
    1/25- Watatic
    1/29- Wachusett

    www.skibigsquaw.com

  8. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    You didnt demand they put it out? That might be the most outrageous lift story I've ever heard.
    5 on 1. Smart idea is to wait till the top and not poke the bear, plus you aren't ski patrol, go get patrol that is part of why they are there.
    2014-2015
    11/3- Sunday River
    11/9- Bretton Woods
    12/13- Bretton Woods
    1/18- Wachusett
    1/25- Watatic
    1/29- Wachusett

    www.skibigsquaw.com

  9. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by sull1102 View Post
    5 on 1. Smart idea is to wait till the top and not poke the bear, plus you aren't ski patrol, go get patrol that is part of why they are there.
    I've never met aggressive weed smokers like that.. you really think you would get beat up for asking to not smoke when you get drug tested? The amount of misconception on this thread is humorous. These aren't crack addicts we're dealing with here!

  10. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by GregoryIsaacs View Post
    I've never met aggressive weed smokers like that.. you really think you would get beat up for asking to not smoke when you get drug tested? The amount of misconception on this thread is humorous. These aren't crack addicts we're dealing with here!
    No they are not, just come across ignorant fucks who don't give two shits about anything but themselves is all.

    Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    15-16 Killington 11-17-16

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 4:08 AM.