Vermont Post July 1 - Page 8

AlpineZone

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    "do you always make it a habit of smoking up with police sergeants on family vacation?"

or something like that

a little etiquette and discretion go a long way...over consumption of anything is never a good idea...having said that, regardless or setting or substance, there will always be a couple jerks in every crowd

Quote Originally Posted by prsboogie
    And the attitude that it's less harmful than alcohol is a very apathetic though process. Brain cells are still retarded, lung cells are directly damaged when inhaled, it causes massive gastrointestinal issues in smaller but not insignificant portion of users, and leads to coronary issues. Besides the direct lung effects all relate to alcohol use as well.
    i heard it also leads to white women listening to satanic jazz music and fornicating with minorities

good lord what a load of bunk...i think you might have worms in your brain

the problem for people like you who like to parrot misinformation is that they invented this pesky little thing called the internet and people can suss out the truth.

cannabis being less harmful than alcohol is an objective scientific fact. this is known. no apathy involved in the process. what does brain cells becoming "retarded" even mean lol. massive GI issues? coronary issues? where are you getting this information, the goebbles-esque ONDCP? cmon man. do better.

Quote Originally Posted by sull1102 View Post
    Lmao oh okay bud, good to know I'd be the asshole and not the assclowns toking it up on the lift with a stranger and now his or her professional career is suddenly at risk due to maybe failing a drug test! Did I say that I personally would even object to their activities? Or if I would be bothered enough to want to say something or go to ski patrol? Am I ski patrol? If I was would I even go deal with something like this or wait and see if it was a recurring problem? You sir have made some assumptions it seems...
    You would never ever fail a drug test by being exposed to secondhand outdoor pot smoke for a few minutes

and you explicitly recommended getting ski patrol

they'd be rude for sure, but you sir are the clear asshole
    ~the stars turn, and a time presents itself~

Quote Originally Posted by KustyTheKlown View Post
    You would never ever fail a drug test by being exposed to secondhand outdoor pot smoke for a few minutes

and you explicitly recommended getting ski patrol

they'd be rude for sure, but you sir are the clear asshole
    So the person that does something illegal is merely rude, but the person that reports them is an asshole? Right...that logic makes perfect sense.

Quote Originally Posted by spring_mountain_high View Post
    i heard it also leads to white women listening to satanic jazz music and fornicating with minorities

good lord what a load of bunk...i think you might have worms in your brain

the problem for people like you who like to parrot misinformation is that they invented this pesky little thing called the internet and people can suss out the truth.

cannabis being less harmful than alcohol is an objective scientific fact. this is known. no apathy involved in the process. what does brain cells becoming "retarded" even mean lol. massive GI issues? coronary issues? where are you getting this information, the goebbles-esque ONDCP? cmon man. do better.
    I'm not anti marijuana by any stretch of the imagination, but nothing prsboogie said is outrageous. I'm not going to go line by line, but what limited evidence exists does point to cardiovascular risks.

Research suggests that the risk of heart attack is several times higher in the hour after smoking marijuana than it would be normally.
    Although the evidence is weaker, there are also links to a higher risk of atrial fibrillation or ischemic stroke immediately following marijuana use.
    https://www.health.harvard.edu/heart...u-need-to-know

Also its FAR from am objective scientific fact that marijuana is less harmful than alcohol. Currently evidence points to that being the case, but as others have said, it has not been studied thoroughly. While I think it is highly unlikely there will be discoveries that make long-term moderate marijuana use be discouraged, there's so much we don't know.

Before long term studies came out, ibuprofen was considered a miracle pain relief drug that would curtail arthritis and all other types of pain with zero side effects. Nowadays there are some really concerning findings coming out about long term NSAID use. We'll likely see that same issue arise with weed. It may still be better than alternatives, but it won't be perfect.

I'm sure as a clinician, PRS has first hand experience treating people who have gone overboard with cannabis. End of the day everyone's body chemistry is unique and how they process thc is going to be different.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

The only aspect of cannabis use that really seems to stand out as dangerous is smoking regularly in adolescents. This seems to cause some memory impairments.

Otherwise cannabis, if used responsibly, has less deleterious effects on your body than alcohol. Even if its abused its going to be less harmful to your physiology than if you were binge consuming alcohol, by comparison. It has less toxic effects and indeed the lethal dose for THC is an amount that isn't even feasible to consume. The stuff really isn't harmful in the way people think of it in terms of toxicity.

What most people think of is psychological or cognitive impairments. In adults these haven't been shown to occur at a high level except in some individuals with pre-existing mental conditions. And as I said above, the risk of long term impairment really only manifests if you're smoking a lot of pot from a young age (like 13) while your brain is still developing.

I could go into what THC and cannabanoids do in the body but I think the physiology is a bit much to get into now.

Oh, for what its worth cannabanoids are not the psychoactive molecules in marijuana. That's THC. There is zero argument against medical marijuana derivatives for this reason alone. You can extract the cannabanoids and administer them without any psychoactive effects at all. And like I said, THC itself isn't even really toxic unless you concentrate it, so its not like toxicity is the problem, its just the psychoactive effects that bother people.

The risks from inhaling smoke can be circumventing by consuming edibles or vaporizing. Even then there's far less carcinogenic compounds in a joint than in your average cigarette. Not that I advocate inhaling smoke, but considering the health risks we already accept in tobacco smoking and drinking alcohol, there really is no evidence based reason to prohibit marijuana on risk to health alone.
    Dude.

Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    So the person that does something illegal is merely rude, but the person that reports them is an asshole? Right...that logic makes perfect sense.
    Because its just weed. Its only illegal because of grumpy people like Jeff Sessions so if you report them it usually gets blown way out of proportion.

Oh man do I wish it was fall and this conversation was focused on skiing and not the above......
    2017/18 = 37
    2016/17 = 31
    2015/16 = Depressing
    2014/15 = 28
    2013/14 = 27

Thread Information