Vermont Post July 1 - Page 9

AlpineZone

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by benski View Post
    Because it’s just weed. It’s only illegal because of grumpy people like Jeff Sessions so if you report them it usually gets blown way out of proportion.
    Reefer madness!!! Sunday River runs promotions around alcohol. I can tell you alcohol (and fast food and soda) causes way more problems in healthcare than weed. Working at an inner city hospital - the amount of obesity and alcohol/opioid addiction is what keeps us humming. In 25 years of having access to medical records I have Not seen one related to cannibis addiction. You should see all the gastric bypasses on 300pd fast food addicts that Medicaid pays for. If people like prsboogie were really concerned about society and people's well being they should look elsewhere. Give it a break people!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SkiFanE View Post
    Reefer madness!!! Sunday River runs promotions around alcohol. I can tell you alcohol (and fast food and soda) causes way more problems in healthcare than weed. Working at an inner city hospital - the amount of obesity and alcohol/opioid addiction is what keeps us humming. In 25 years of having access to medical records I have Not seen one related to cannibis addiction. You should see all the gastric bypasses on 300pd fast food addicts that Medicaid pays for. If people like prsboogie were really concerned about society and people's well being they should look elsewhere. Give it a break people!!!
    Most of the comments I've seen in this thread are far from ridiculous statements that come close to classifying as the fear that was reefer madness. I don't think anyone was suggesting that marijuana will become a massive public health problem, I personally (can't speak for others) was just refuting the claim that it is risk free or that there is any medical consensus about the long term effects of weed. There's no Nurses Health study or Framingham Community study of marijuana.

Sugar, smoking (tobacco), and opioids are definitely WAY higher on the risk and public health problem scale than marijuana ever will be.

Quote Originally Posted by spring_mountain_high View Post
    i heard it also leads to white women listening to satanic jazz music and fornicating with minorities

good lord what a load of bunk...i think you might have worms in your brain

the problem for people like you who like to parrot misinformation is that they invented this pesky little thing called the internet and people can suss out the truth.

cannabis being less harmful than alcohol is an objective scientific fact. this is known. no apathy involved in the process. what does brain cells becoming "retarded" even mean lol. massive GI issues? coronary issues? where are you getting this information, the goebbles-esque ONDCP? cmon man. do better.
    I get this information directly from the physicians I work with on a daily basis you jack off. If you want to continue to live in your delusional world where what you injest has no ill effects on your body them please go right ahead. Please gather your useless information for the interwebs because there is no misinformation there. Why don't you call a gastroenterologist and ask them how it effects the intestinal tract, ask a cardiologist while your at it. I work with the drunk and drugged population every single day and see with my own two eyes the effects both alcohol and marijuana have on the body. As far as what "retarded" means - you could always look it up, but I save you the work, means to slow, hold back or delay progress.

I've smoked my fair share of pot from age 12 up until I was 21. I then stopped for frequent random testing in my prior career. I continue to not smoke because I also have Asthma and it was a really fucking stupid idea to smoke anything in the first place and didn't realize how shitty I felt when I did smoked until I stopped. I also drink and I'm fully away of the potential harm it does to my body.

So please get off your HIGH horse, no need to personally antagonize someone over a ridiculous subject.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    15-16 Killington 11-17-16

Quote Originally Posted by SkiFanE View Post
    I couldn't agree more with you about the effects of overindulging in anything or everything. But let's get real, it's not the fault of the corporations that produce shitty for you products. It's the person who abuses them that's at fault. In the US no one will take responsibility for their own actions, whether its obesity, drug/alcohol addiction or why they can't get a job. We are doing 3-6 gastric bypass surgeries every week and I'm only at a 350 bed facility now. Their doing them in 22 year olds who have never been successful at loosing weight but expect to stick to a ridiculously stringent diet regiment after surgery. Then when they fail and have issues they want to blame the surgeons because they must have screwed up the surgery.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    15-16 Killington 11-17-16

Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    I'm sure as a clinician, PRS has first hand experience treating people who have gone overboard with cannabis. End of the day everyone's body chemistry is unique and how they process thc is going to be different.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app
    When you go overboard with weed you go to sleep. When you wake up you are no longer high and there is no hangover.

The comments from the aggro anti mj crowd here remind me of Robin Williams' stand up on the matter.

Anti MJ person: Weed causes all these problems!

Robin: The last thing any pot smoker wants is a problem.....
    Live Free or Die
    137 days 08-09
    16 days 09-10

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    The comments from the aggro anti mj crowd here remind me of Robin Williams' stand up on the matter.

Anti MJ person: Weed causes all these problems!

Robin: The last thing any pot smoker wants is a problem.....
    Personally I have no issue with people smoking in private. I do have an issue when they choose to do it in public with no regard for the people around them and act as if they are entitled to do whatever they want (this may only be a small percentage of people that act like this, but it is always the couple of idiots that ruin things for everyone else that minds their own business).

It is just a simple thing called common decency and respect for others. If everyone followed this, we wouldn't even be having this discussion.

Didn't we already cover this like 4 pages ago. This is pretty much a non-existent problem to begin with.

There is not some rash of super rude pot smokers all of a sudden. Common decency has prevailed before, I don't see why it would change.
    Live Free or Die
    137 days 08-09
    16 days 09-10

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    Didn't we already cover this like 4 pages ago. This is pretty much a non-existent problem to begin with.

There is not some rash of super rude pot smokers all of a sudden. Common decency has prevailed before, I don't see why it would change.
    Did you miss the part where people said they've experienced it firsthand in the past? Not sure if I mentioned it in this thread, but I've had it happen to me as well when on lifts (and it wasn't just a one time occurrence) so I believe it when others say it has happened to them. So to say it is a non-existent problem to begin with is not an accurate statement from the perspective of people that have experienced it.

Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    Did you miss the part where people said they've experienced it firsthand in the past? Not sure if I mentioned it in this thread, but I've had it happen to me as well when on lifts (and it wasn't just a one time occurrence) so I believe it when others say it has happened to them. So to say it is a non-existent problem to begin with is not an accurate statement from the perspective of people that have experienced it.
    Same goes for being publicly intoxicated, playing loud/shitty music, smoking cigarettes in non-smoking areas, skiing too fast etc... (I can go on all day with things that are far more prevalent and annoying)

Seems to me like you have a problem with society in general... dont put this all on the pot heads here

Thread Information