• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Vermont Post July 1

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
Some people seem to think politics will prevent them from getting stoned legally , I guess perception is reality to them . Please kill your cable and you'll drop 10 pts off your blood pressure .

Politics has nothing to do with MJ . Your biggest impediment to your goal is your employer ! For obvious legal reasons that your not allowed to drink at work . Apples and oranges maybe ? but being impaired at work is a giant liability !!!!

Nothing will change on this level till someone invents some type MJ breathalyzer ? I have no reason to believe development of this type of device would have a serious demand . Law suits risk would overcome any possible benefit to accommodating employee vices.

Once the politicians can make a few $$$ things will change. That's the only political tie to MJ . Money is pretty much Bi partisan so no need for antagonizing each other.

Domeskier

Pretty sure that the vast majority of the population does associate the word "asthma" with breathing problems, and actually does comprehend that smoke, of any kind, in a small space, and asthma don't mix well!![/URL]

I have a friend who claims that smoking this drug helps his asthma and eliminates the need for an inhaler. The powers of rationalization are strong in that demographic.

SkiFanE

For the benefit of everyone's amusement, could you please list all the "rights" you've lost in the last 18 months?

ROFL.

Yeah, my life seems pretty nice, I wasn't aware of the dystopian nightmare I'm living in! I better dust off my crossbow when I get home given SkiFanE just informed us that the Hunger Games have already started.

I don't watch TV - so nothing I derive is from cable news. I haven't read or seen handmaids tale (or hunger games). Laugh all you like - but this country is going back a few decades with protections being removed. Middle aged white males have no clue - so enjoy your bliss...until your pre-existing condition fucks you up and you die from it :p I'll bow out of AZ for awhile.

BenedictGomez

this country is going back a few decades with protections being removed. Middle aged white males have no clue - so enjoy your bliss...

And yet this, "middle-aged white female" cant list even a few of all her female "rights" lost in the last 18 months?

How odd.

bdfreetuna

Tempting to reply to SkiFanE but in the interest of getting along and following forum rules will stick to topic at hand :flag:

Anyway the MJ question is simple. I don't smoke and ski, I'm more of a coffee and ski guy. Maybe beer and ski later in the day.

That said I'm one of those folks who can smoke/vape a fair amount and it only gives my mind a slight tickle. Even so, the result is that I end up skiing a little bit over-aggressively (not necessarily a bad thing) or I lose a little bit of my game.

Most people can drive OK stoned. Some can't. But I don't think it can be said that smoking/eating/vaping weed gives anyone an advantage behind the wheel. Skiing is already dangerous enough when I have to consider my own awareness, fitness, and so forth.

I understand downhill skiing is a sport with an element of "party" involved. I just hope when people get inebriated they slow down on the hill and pay attention to others.

THC/Cannabis ingestion should be undetectable to others , in 2018 in legal states especially. Have respect for others and maybe save your 7 gram, 7 paper helicopter joint for an actual party.

If it's obvious you're stoned, I want you to go take a break in the lodge.

deadheadskier

Staff member
How far you've come Tuna. Weren't you the guy who told the story about skiing high on LSD and a former girlfriend who was new to the sport had to take a ride down in a ski patrol sled that day? Lol

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

benski

I don't watch TV - so nothing I derive is from cable news. I haven't read or seen handmaids tale (or hunger games). Laugh all you like - but this country is going back a few decades with protections being removed. Middle aged white males have no clue - so enjoy your bliss...until your pre-existing condition fucks you up and you die from it :p I'll bow out of AZ for awhile.

Amen. It’s scary to watch how this country has changed culturally in the last 3 years.

bdfreetuna

How far you've come Tuna. Weren't you the guy who told the story about skiing high on LSD and a former girlfriend who was new to the sport had to take a ride down in a ski patrol sled that day? Lol

It's evolution, baby. That said I might consider you to co-author my biography! (we'll see how it goes)

edit: different days.. only dosed and skied once, small dose, didn't care to repeat it. Coffee is the best for skiing.

Whitey

edit: different days.. only dosed and skied once, small dose, didn't care to repeat it. Coffee is the best for skiing.

Once back when I was young and stupid (i.e. in college) a buddy of mine who I skied a lot with and I did mushrooms and went night skiing at some random ski bump in upstate NY, can't even remember where.

Not sure why I never did it again because .... it ....... was .......... AWESOME!

Appropriate reference linked here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDRrjFjJ9fI

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
Once back when I was young and stupid (i.e. in college) a buddy of mine who I skied a lot with and I did mushrooms and went night skiing at some random ski bump in upstate NY, can't even remember where.

Not sure why I never did it again because .... it ....... was .......... AWESOME!

Appropriate reference linked here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDRrjFjJ9fI

I used to ski Doe now Bear Creek in the late 70's . There was a guy named Shannon that used to do shrooms and night ski off the T bar . I rode up many times with him ...He would drool and stare the whole way up . Once off the T bar he was crazy good in the bumps LOL