• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Vermont Post July 1

cdskier

No they are not, just come across ignorant fucks who don't give two shits about anything but themselves is all.

+2

(I've also been on lifts before with people that chose to just light up without asking if it was ok...completely rude and self-centered behavior)

sull1102

I've never met aggressive weed smokers like that.. you really think you would get beat up for asking to not smoke when you get drug tested? The amount of misconception on this thread is humorous. These aren't crack addicts we're dealing with here!
Oh no brawls are breaking on the lift, but if they're of the mindset that they can burn it down on the lift... I was more thinking minor little crap like you might get snowed a few times that day if they're complete dinks(they did whip out their semi legal drug or just a side eye and a dirty look. Most likely though they apologize a whole bunch the rest of the ride put everything away immediately, pray you aren't that mad, all tell you to have a great day out there and then scatter quickly at the top.

Sent from my Pixel using AlpineZone mobile app

deadheadskier

Staff member
You have either had some very unique skiing experiences or a very active imagination. You think a group of stoners who you tell to cut the crap are going to chase you around the mountain and "snow" you?

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

KustyTheKlown

5 on 1. Smart idea is to wait till the top and not poke the bear, plus you aren't ski patrol, go get patrol that is part of why they are there.

So instead of asking politely that they abstain while riding with you, you choose to simmer passive aggressively and then rat them out to the ski police. you sir, are an asshole.

VTKilarney

So instead of asking politely that they abstain while riding with you, you choose to simmer passive aggressively and then rat them out to the ski police. you sir, are an asshole.
And the guy who breaks the law and lights up without even “asking politely” isn’t an asshole? Interesting double standard you’ve got going there.

MEtoVTSkier

Kmarts Policy

DESIGNATED SMOKING AREAS
In consideration of all guest, smoking is restricted to designated areas.
Designated smoking areas are identified by signs located outside base lodges.

DESIGNATED SMOKING AREAS
K-1Small deck off Mahogany Ridge
Tables at Umbrella Bar fire pit area
Parking lot
PEAK LODGEDeck outside bar area
SNOWSHEDRight side of skier tunnel near trees
Parking lot
GOLF COURSEParking lot, near dumpsters to left of Clubhouse
100% SMOKE FREE AREASRamshead Mountain
Pico Mountain
Lifts, lift lines and gondolas

twinplanx

I have been on the blue bird before loading from the singles line and got on with a group of 5 that lit right up under the visor. I was sitting on the edge and tried to inhale the least amount possible and tried to get any fresh air I could. As I mentioned I am drug tested at work but used to smoke. Luckily half way up the idiots dropped the joint.
I find it odd that anyone would light up on a lift with some random guy. They should of at least had the courtesy to ask. Also virtually no chance second-hand smoke is showing up on a drug test. Breathe deep Smelly! Lol

Sent from my LG-K373 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

sull1102

Lmao oh okay bud, good to know I'd be the asshole and not the assclowns toking it up on the lift with a stranger and now his or her professional career is suddenly at risk due to maybe failing a drug test! Did I say that I personally would even object to their activities? Or if I would be bothered enough to want to say something or go to ski patrol? Am I ski patrol? If I was would I even go deal with something like this or wait and see if it was a recurring problem? You sir have made some assumptions it seems...

Pez

"do you always make it a habit of smoking up with police sergeants on family vacation?"

or something like that

a little etiquette and discretion go a long way...over consumption of anything is never a good idea...having said that, regardless or setting or substance, there will always be a couple jerks in every crowd

prsboogie said:
And the attitude that it's less harmful than alcohol is a very apathetic though process. Brain cells are still retarded, lung cells are directly damaged when inhaled, it causes massive gastrointestinal issues in smaller but not insignificant portion of users, and leads to coronary issues. Besides the direct lung effects all relate to alcohol use as well.

i heard it also leads to white women listening to satanic jazz music and fornicating with minorities

good lord what a load of bunk...i think you might have worms in your brain

the problem for people like you who like to parrot misinformation is that they invented this pesky little thing called the internet and people can suss out the truth.

cannabis being less harmful than alcohol is an objective scientific fact. this is known. no apathy involved in the process. what does brain cells becoming "retarded" even mean lol. massive GI issues? coronary issues? where are you getting this information, the goebbles-esque ONDCP? cmon man. do better.

KustyTheKlown

Lmao oh okay bud, good to know I'd be the asshole and not the assclowns toking it up on the lift with a stranger and now his or her professional career is suddenly at risk due to maybe failing a drug test! Did I say that I personally would even object to their activities? Or if I would be bothered enough to want to say something or go to ski patrol? Am I ski patrol? If I was would I even go deal with something like this or wait and see if it was a recurring problem? You sir have made some assumptions it seems...

You would never ever fail a drug test by being exposed to secondhand outdoor pot smoke for a few minutes

and you explicitly recommended getting ski patrol

they'd be rude for sure, but you sir are the clear asshole

cdskier

You would never ever fail a drug test by being exposed to secondhand outdoor pot smoke for a few minutes

and you explicitly recommended getting ski patrol

they'd be rude for sure, but you sir are the clear asshole

So the person that does something illegal is merely rude, but the person that reports them is an asshole? Right...that logic makes perfect sense.

Jully

i heard it also leads to white women listening to satanic jazz music and fornicating with minorities

good lord what a load of bunk...i think you might have worms in your brain

the problem for people like you who like to parrot misinformation is that they invented this pesky little thing called the internet and people can suss out the truth.

cannabis being less harmful than alcohol is an objective scientific fact. this is known. no apathy involved in the process. what does brain cells becoming "retarded" even mean lol. massive GI issues? coronary issues? where are you getting this information, the goebbles-esque ONDCP? cmon man. do better.

I'm not anti marijuana by any stretch of the imagination, but nothing prsboogie said is outrageous. I'm not going to go line by line, but what limited evidence exists does point to cardiovascular risks.

Research suggests that the risk of heart attack is several times higher in the hour after smoking marijuana than it would be normally.

Although the evidence is weaker, there are also links to a higher risk of atrial fibrillation or ischemic stroke immediately following marijuana use.

https://www.health.harvard.edu/heart-health/marijuana-and-heart-health-what-you-need-to-know

Also its FAR from am objective scientific fact that marijuana is less harmful than alcohol. Currently evidence points to that being the case, but as others have said, it has not been studied thoroughly. While I think it is highly unlikely there will be discoveries that make long-term moderate marijuana use be discouraged, there's so much we don't know.

Before long term studies came out, ibuprofen was considered a miracle pain relief drug that would curtail arthritis and all other types of pain with zero side effects. Nowadays there are some really concerning findings coming out about long term NSAID use. We'll likely see that same issue arise with weed. It may still be better than alternatives, but it won't be perfect.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I'm sure as a clinician, PRS has first hand experience treating people who have gone overboard with cannabis. End of the day everyone's body chemistry is unique and how they process thc is going to be different.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

Rowsdower

The only aspect of cannabis use that really seems to stand out as dangerous is smoking regularly in adolescents. This seems to cause some memory impairments.

Otherwise cannabis, if used responsibly, has less deleterious effects on your body than alcohol. Even if its abused its going to be less harmful to your physiology than if you were binge consuming alcohol, by comparison. It has less toxic effects and indeed the lethal dose for THC is an amount that isn't even feasible to consume. The stuff really isn't harmful in the way people think of it in terms of toxicity.

What most people think of is psychological or cognitive impairments. In adults these haven't been shown to occur at a high level except in some individuals with pre-existing mental conditions. And as I said above, the risk of long term impairment really only manifests if you're smoking a lot of pot from a young age (like 13) while your brain is still developing.

I could go into what THC and cannabanoids do in the body but I think the physiology is a bit much to get into now.

Oh, for what its worth cannabanoids are not the psychoactive molecules in marijuana. That's THC. There is zero argument against medical marijuana derivatives for this reason alone. You can extract the cannabanoids and administer them without any psychoactive effects at all. And like I said, THC itself isn't even really toxic unless you concentrate it, so its not like toxicity is the problem, its just the psychoactive effects that bother people.

The risks from inhaling smoke can be circumventing by consuming edibles or vaporizing. Even then there's far less carcinogenic compounds in a joint than in your average cigarette. Not that I advocate inhaling smoke, but considering the health risks we already accept in tobacco smoking and drinking alcohol, there really is no evidence based reason to prohibit marijuana on risk to health alone.

benski

So the person that does something illegal is merely rude, but the person that reports them is an asshole? Right...that logic makes perfect sense.

Because it’s just weed. It’s only illegal because of grumpy people like Jeff Sessions so if you report them it usually gets blown way out of proportion.

slatham

Oh man do I wish it was fall and this conversation was focused on skiing and not the above......