• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Vermont Post July 1

SkiFanE

Because it’s just weed. It’s only illegal because of grumpy people like Jeff Sessions so if you report them it usually gets blown way out of proportion.
Reefer madness!!! Sunday River runs promotions around alcohol. I can tell you alcohol (and fast food and soda) causes way more problems in healthcare than weed. Working at an inner city hospital - the amount of obesity and alcohol/opioid addiction is what keeps us humming. In 25 years of having access to medical records I have Not seen one related to cannibis addiction. You should see all the gastric bypasses on 300pd fast food addicts that Medicaid pays for. If people like prsboogie were really concerned about society and people's well being they should look elsewhere. Give it a break people!!!

Jully

Reefer madness!!! Sunday River runs promotions around alcohol. I can tell you alcohol (and fast food and soda) causes way more problems in healthcare than weed. Working at an inner city hospital - the amount of obesity and alcohol/opioid addiction is what keeps us humming. In 25 years of having access to medical records I have Not seen one related to cannibis addiction. You should see all the gastric bypasses on 300pd fast food addicts that Medicaid pays for. If people like prsboogie were really concerned about society and people's well being they should look elsewhere. Give it a break people!!!

Most of the comments I've seen in this thread are far from ridiculous statements that come close to classifying as the fear that was reefer madness. I don't think anyone was suggesting that marijuana will become a massive public health problem, I personally (can't speak for others) was just refuting the claim that it is risk free or that there is any medical consensus about the long term effects of weed. There's no Nurses Health study or Framingham Community study of marijuana.

Sugar, smoking (tobacco), and opioids are definitely WAY higher on the risk and public health problem scale than marijuana ever will be.

prsboogie

i heard it also leads to white women listening to satanic jazz music and fornicating with minorities

good lord what a load of bunk...i think you might have worms in your brain

the problem for people like you who like to parrot misinformation is that they invented this pesky little thing called the internet and people can suss out the truth.

cannabis being less harmful than alcohol is an objective scientific fact. this is known. no apathy involved in the process. what does brain cells becoming "retarded" even mean lol. massive GI issues? coronary issues? where are you getting this information, the goebbles-esque ONDCP? cmon man. do better.
I get this information directly from the physicians I work with on a daily basis you jack off. If you want to continue to live in your delusional world where what you injest has no ill effects on your body them please go right ahead. Please gather your useless information for the interwebs because there is no misinformation there. Why don't you call a gastroenterologist and ask them how it effects the intestinal tract, ask a cardiologist while your at it. I work with the drunk and drugged population every single day and see with my own two eyes the effects both alcohol and marijuana have on the body. As far as what "retarded" means - you could always look it up, but I save you the work, means to slow, hold back or delay progress.

I've smoked my fair share of pot from age 12 up until I was 21. I then stopped for frequent random testing in my prior career. I continue to not smoke because I also have Asthma and it was a really fucking stupid idea to smoke anything in the first place and didn't realize how shitty I felt when I did smoked until I stopped. I also drink and I'm fully away of the potential harm it does to my body.

So please get off your HIGH horse, no need to personally antagonize someone over a ridiculous subject.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

prsboogie

I couldn't agree more with you about the effects of overindulging in anything or everything. But let's get real, it's not the fault of the corporations that produce shitty for you products. It's the person who abuses them that's at fault. In the US no one will take responsibility for their own actions, whether its obesity, drug/alcohol addiction or why they can't get a job. We are doing 3-6 gastric bypass surgeries every week and I'm only at a 350 bed facility now. Their doing them in 22 year olds who have never been successful at loosing weight but expect to stick to a ridiculously stringent diet regiment after surgery. Then when they fail and have issues they want to blame the surgeons because they must have screwed up the surgery.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

skiur

I'm sure as a clinician, PRS has first hand experience treating people who have gone overboard with cannabis. End of the day everyone's body chemistry is unique and how they process thc is going to be different.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

When you go overboard with weed you go to sleep. When you wake up you are no longer high and there is no hangover.

AdironRider

The comments from the aggro anti mj crowd here remind me of Robin Williams' stand up on the matter.

Anti MJ person: Weed causes all these problems!

Robin: The last thing any pot smoker wants is a problem.....

cdskier

The comments from the aggro anti mj crowd here remind me of Robin Williams' stand up on the matter.

Anti MJ person: Weed causes all these problems!

Robin: The last thing any pot smoker wants is a problem.....

Personally I have no issue with people smoking in private. I do have an issue when they choose to do it in public with no regard for the people around them and act as if they are entitled to do whatever they want (this may only be a small percentage of people that act like this, but it is always the couple of idiots that ruin things for everyone else that minds their own business).

It is just a simple thing called common decency and respect for others. If everyone followed this, we wouldn't even be having this discussion.

AdironRider

Didn't we already cover this like 4 pages ago. This is pretty much a non-existent problem to begin with.

There is not some rash of super rude pot smokers all of a sudden. Common decency has prevailed before, I don't see why it would change.

cdskier

Didn't we already cover this like 4 pages ago. This is pretty much a non-existent problem to begin with.

There is not some rash of super rude pot smokers all of a sudden. Common decency has prevailed before, I don't see why it would change.

Did you miss the part where people said they've experienced it firsthand in the past? Not sure if I mentioned it in this thread, but I've had it happen to me as well when on lifts (and it wasn't just a one time occurrence) so I believe it when others say it has happened to them. So to say it is a non-existent problem to begin with is not an accurate statement from the perspective of people that have experienced it.

GregoryIsaacs

Did you miss the part where people said they've experienced it firsthand in the past? Not sure if I mentioned it in this thread, but I've had it happen to me as well when on lifts (and it wasn't just a one time occurrence) so I believe it when others say it has happened to them. So to say it is a non-existent problem to begin with is not an accurate statement from the perspective of people that have experienced it.

Same goes for being publicly intoxicated, playing loud/shitty music, smoking cigarettes in non-smoking areas, skiing too fast etc... (I can go on all day with things that are far more prevalent and annoying)

Seems to me like you have a problem with society in general... dont put this all on the pot heads here

AdironRider

Yeah, and a bunch of us have called bullshit on this supposed raft of people lighting up.

This just doesn't happen more than a handful of times in one's lifetime, at worst. And has been proven by Stanford, is not going to pose a problem unless it happens for hours.

It is not worth getting worked up about.

Domeskier

I don't really see the social value in promoting yet another way for people to try to escape the oppressive emptiness of their small and desperate lives, but I guess that's part of the bargain.

BenedictGomez

I personally (can't speak for others) was just refuting the claim that it is risk free or that there is any medical consensus about the long term effects of weed.

Yup. As I noted before, the proper (expensive) research on marijuana's effect on human health is rather scant. That said, it's smoking, anyone who thinks it's not likely to at the very least have a negative effect on alveoli function or lung cilia are kidding themselves.

cdskier

Same goes for being publicly intoxicated, playing loud/shitty music, smoking cigarettes in non-smoking areas, skiing too fast etc... (I can go on all day with things that are far more prevalent and annoying)

Seems to me like you have a problem with society in general... dont put this all on the pot heads here

I do have a problem with society in general when people act self-centered and entitled and feel rules don't apply to them. Any of those other bad behaviors should be addressed as well (and I've said as much on some of those topics when they've been discussed in other threads). Using other examples of bad behavior to justify another form of bad behavior makes zero sense.

Yeah, and a bunch of us have called bullshit on this supposed raft of people lighting up.

This just doesn't happen more than a handful of times in one's lifetime, at worst. And has been proven by Stanford, is not going to pose a problem unless it happens for hours.

It is not worth getting worked up about.

You're right. What I've seen with my own two eyes doesn't happen. What was I thinking?

Bottom line is that it is rude (and still illegal) to light up in public around others. Not sure why this is difficult to understand and why some people are trying to justify it as no big deal (any "responsible" users that I know would agree with the perspective of this being rude and something they wouldn't do).

AdironRider

I dont think anyone is implying that smoking anything isn't going to impair lung function.

But vaping, edibles, etc are pretty much risk free.

CDC - you are acting like this is a major problem you encounter regularly. People are calling BS on that, and I'm going further and saying it is not a big deal, or certainly worth getting as upset as you seem to be about it. Get it? Not that it has never happened, not that it isn't still currently illegal.

Do you report every single person you see speeding to the cops? Because in this day and age, this is the equivalent rule breaking in terms of the law. You see, we have votes and society has determined weed is a lesser offense than even speeding (which has higher fines). It just isn't a big deal, both to the majority of society, as well as the law.

Last edited:

GregoryIsaacs

I do have a problem with society in general when people act self-centered and entitled and feel rules don't apply to them. Any of those other bad behaviors should be addressed as well (and I've said as much on some of those topics when they've been discussed in other threads). Using other examples of bad behavior to justify another form of bad behavior makes zero sense.

You're right. What I've seen with my own two eyes doesn't happen. What was I thinking?

Bottom line is that it is rude (and still illegal) to light up in public around others. Not sure why this is difficult to understand and why some people are trying to justify it as no big deal (any "responsible" users that I know would agree with the perspective of this being rude and something they wouldn't do).

Reagan is that you????!!!!!

AdironRider

I believe no one has stated that. I have stated it is not worth getting upset about, people are rude all the time for much more mundane stuff that this apparent rash of pot smokers.

Last edited:

cdskier

Why I people fighting so hard to insist that it is okay to light up on a lift with a stranger without at least asking?

If you light up on a lift with strangers you are rude. Period.

Exactly. I really don't understand it either. Seems incredibly simple to me.

I believe no one has stated that. I have stated it is not worth getting upset about, people are rude all the time for much more mundane stuff that this apparent rash of pot smokers.

If you think I'm getting upset, you're wrong and reading way too much into what I'm saying. While I think it is rude, I personally wouldn't bother to report it (but I also wouldn't have a problem if someone else felt strongly enough about it and wanted to report it).

skifree

I would prefer people don't wear too much cologne on lift.
Very offensive!