• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington Closing Juggernaut

The Sneak

I skied this terrible “trail” to the gondola base in high school, it was a giant waste of time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chuckstah

I skied this terrible “trail” to the gondola base in high school, it was a giant waste of time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I skied it once just to do it. Never again. Good riddance! If I want to cross country ski I'll go out in the local woods with proper equipment.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

abc

I'm glad I skied it a couple years back. :D I enjoyed it.

Granted, I cross country ski a lot and LOVES skating! :) I can see why others aren't thrilled by it. And to be fair, I had very little intention of doing it again any time soon after the last time I did it. It's more "ski touring" with the uphill service. Enjoyable but not special.

drjeff

I wonder if anyone has ever skied it top to bottom more than once?? [emoji6]

Sure seems, and I know that I personally into this category, that the "one and done" for novelty reasons primarily, sums up the responses on AZ, as well as Killingtonzone, when Juggernaut comes up in a discussion

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using AlpineZone mobile app

jaytrem

I wonder if anyone has ever skied it top to bottom more than once?? [emoji6]

I think that's exactly how many time I did it. Once for the heck of it ages ago, and once when I realized my Mount Snow pass would no longer be good there. However I think by then some of the lower sections were no longer used.

Conrad

Website
www.youtube.com
I remember one memorable time back during the American Ski Company days where we decided we would ski top to bottom on Juggarnaut for the last run of the day near 4 o'clock. Everything was great for the first half of the run. Then we got to the bottom of Bear and realized there was barely any snow (no snow making) on the section below Bear to Skyship. What followed was an arduous slow descent, taking skis off here and there and hitting lots of rocks. By the time we reached the car at Skyship it was almost 5 o'clock.

Just for kicks and slight convenience I took the section between Bear and Skyship a year ago and found it doable, but very annoying without grooming, especially because of the many streams that crossing melting snow irregularly.

Newpylong

I did ski that section once a very long time ago, just to do it. Hoofed it across the parking lot and there used to be a bridge to cross Sunrise Mountain Rd, long gone. Was that wood turnstile still there crossing the E mountainroad about halfway down to keep snowmobilers off it?

Another similar trail that doesn't get as much attention was the Sunrise Trail that came off the top off the Northeast Passage triple to the west of CherryKnoll and came back into Noreaster well below the old midstation. That sucker was long and flat, not sure if the snowmobile tours still use it.

tekweezle

I skied it twice in my lifetime. First time was fun, just enough pitch, longer way down to skyeship base than great eastern.

2nd and last time, flat and uphill in spots. Generally sucked. Won't miss it really