• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ikon Pass and Cosco

abc

Hmmm... I wonder how many already purchased the pass are Costco members. Will they get the same Costco credit?

abc

Hmmm... I wonder how many already purchased the pass are Costco members. Will they get the same Costco credit?

Doesn't look like you can get a credit. It appears that you must purchase the pass from Costco, get an e-voucher from Costco and use that as a promo code on ikonpass.com when you purchase your pass.

https://www.costco.com/IKON-Pass-20182019-Season-%26-Bonus-Costco-Cash-Card.product.100423693.html
In other words, if you are a Costco member and had bought the full Ikon pass early before this deal, you overpaid. No refund

Last edited:

BenedictGomez

Costco has really been getting into the discount lift ticket game the last several years, so it doesn't shock me someone expanded into the SP arena. This is the first time I've seen one that could be considered a really great deal though, the lift tic options are okay if you're not in the SOTC set, but really nothing special (at least not the ones I've seen).

skiur

Has there already been a price increase on the ikon pass like most passes have an early buy price? If so how much did it go up? If it was less than $20o you get from the cosco deal and I bought early to get the "best" price then a better deal comes out I would be pissed.

p_levert

Has there already been a price increase on the ikon pass like most passes have an early buy price? If so how much did it go up? If it was less than $20o you get from the cosco deal and I bought early to get the "best" price then a better deal comes out I would be pissed.

Prices went up $100 after the initial period. So the $200 Costco deal is better overall. OTOH, I personally don't give a cr*p. I am still thrilled with my $599 Ikon base pass, it's a great deal for me.

abc

I am still thrilled with my $599 Ikon base pass, it's a great deal for me.
I'm also on the base pass. So the "new deal" doesn't affect me directly.

Though one may argue some people would have gone for the full pass had that deal been available.

I''m not sure if it's such a good idea to offer a deal BETTER than the early pass purchase. Who wants to pay early to lock in a "good" price when there's strong evidence a better one may come along later to beat the early purchase price?

Also, now the price differential between full and base pass is narrowed significantly, how many still wants to live with the limitation of the base pass?

thetrailboss

Staff member
Costco has really been getting into the discount lift ticket game the last several years, so it doesn't shock me someone expanded into the SP arena. This is the first time I've seen one that could be considered a really great deal though, the lift tic options are okay if you're not in the SOTC set, but really nothing special (at least not the ones I've seen).

True, but my local Costco stores have had fewer options. In 2012, they had Snowbird, Canyons, PCMR, and Sundance. Now it is just Sundance.

abc

True, but my local Costco stores have had fewer options. In 2012, they had Snowbird, Canyons, PCMR, and Sundance. Now it is just Sundance.
For one thing, PCMR and Canyons are now one and the same under Vail. No surprise it’s no longer available.

So the only “real” withdrawl from the list is Snowbird.

thetrailboss

Staff member
For one thing, PCMR and Canyons are now one and the same under Vail. No surprise it’s no longer available.

So the only “real” withdrawl from the list is Snowbird.

True, but PCMR/Vail no longer participates. So we are down to just Sundance.