• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "News of the Weird" Thread

skiNEwhere

"We can't get rid of prostitution, so have to learn how to control it," Police spokesman Reto Casanova said.

Now if they only can figure out how to tax it, they'll probably balance the city budget!

that's what they do in Nevada....

legalskier

Zsa Zsa's husband wants to plastinate her body and put her on show

Zsa Zsa Gabor's husband wants to plastinate her body and put her on show after she dies
Zsa Zsa Gabor's husband Frederick Prinz von Anhalt has told a German newspaper that he wants to plastinate his wife's body when she dies and then put her on show. The 93-year-old actress has been in and out of hospital for the past few weeks and is
said to be in very ill health. Frederic says he wants to preserve his wife's body so her beauty will last forever.

article-1195750-056A7D4F000005DC-751_468x360.jpg

Plastination: German doctor Gunther von Hagens showcases his work where he preserves bodies and body parts to stop them decaying and retains some of the features of the original sample

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...wants-plastinate-body-dies.html#ixzz0yUQzbMGP
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...wants-plastinate-body-dies.html#ixzz0yUQ0CewE

Ok, this totally creeps me out. He couldn't even wait until after she's gone to announce this?! I think he also claimed to be the father of Anna Nicole Smith's baby, sheesh.
:puke:

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
I would be totally freaked out if a passenger next to me died in-flight. Especially if I had to stay in the same seat for the last hour.

ATLANTA (AP) — Delta Air Lines says a 57-year-old passenger was found dead aboard a flight from Lagos, Nigeria to Atlanta.
Georgia Bureau of Investigation spokesman John Bankhead says the woman's body was taken to the GBI crime lab for an autopsy.
Delta spokeswoman Susan Elliott says the passenger was found unresponsive early Monday aboard Delta Flight 53, about an hour out of Atlanta and about 11 hours after it took off.

legalskier

World's first ornithopter takes flight

A Canadian student inspired by Leonardo da Vinci's sketches says he has made the first sustained flight in a human-powered, wing-flapping aircraft. Todd Reichert's ornithopter is an engineless plane that stays aloft by flapping its wings like a bird. The craft, dubbed "Snowbird", flew 145m (476 feet) at the Great Lakes Gliding Club in Tottenham, Ontario.
The Federation Aeronautique Internationale is expected to confirm the record at its meeting in October.

see vid: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-11410410

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com