• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "News of the Weird" Thread

wa-loaf

Nevermind the intrusiveness of inspecting lunchboxes, the lunch itself sounded pretty normal to me and close to what I send my kids to school with. Some people just weren't born to think on their own and those folks should not be allowed to be in any position that requires judgment ...

legalskier

The note explained how students who did not bring “healthy lunches” would be offered the missing portions and that parents could be charged for the cost of the cafeteria food, the Journal reports.

It was an offer she couldn't refuse.
:???:

bvibert

Staff member
Nevermind the intrusiveness of inspecting lunchboxes, the lunch itself sounded pretty normal to me and close to what I send my kids to school with. Some people just weren't born to think on their own and those folks should not be allowed to be in any position that requires judgment ...

Exactly. I don't see the problem with the lunch.

wa-loaf

Dum.
Bass.

Not sure how this proves Karma exists, though- if it had been a Yugo, it still would have gotten stuck. Probably would have just paved over it, though.

I think Karma is more related to the driver than the vehicle, the porsche is just the ahole playing to stereotype.

bvibert

Staff member
The driver tried to sneak through a construction zone, that's where the karma comes in I suppose. Doesn't matter what kind of car it is.

One thing is for sure, that poor car will never be the same again...

legalskier

Man saws off own foot to continue receiving unemployment benefits
...An unemployed Austrian man cut off his own foot with a mitre saw so he could continue receiving jobless benefits. Hans Url, a 56-year-old from Mitterlabill, then took the foot and cooked it in the oven so doctors could not reattach it....The kicker: According to the paper, being footless does not necessarily qualify Url for unemployment compensation....

Link: http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sidesho...ontinue-receiving-unemployment-211222700.html

saw-doll-tv.jpg

Ouch.

bvibert

Staff member
Man saws off own foot to continue receiving unemployment benefits
...An unemployed Austrian man cut off his own foot with a mitre saw so he could continue receiving jobless benefits. Hans Url, a 56-year-old from Mitterlabill, then took the foot and cooked it in the oven so doctors could not reattach it....The kicker: According to the paper, being footless does not necessarily qualify Url for unemployment compensation....

Link: http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sidesho...ontinue-receiving-unemployment-211222700.html

saw-doll-tv.jpg

Ouch.

That's a tough lesson to learn the hard way...