• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "News of the Weird" Thread

legalskier

I'm glad I didn't see this story before I had dental surgery the other day....

Dentist pulls out all of her ex-boyfriend’s teeth after split
A Polish woman is facing three years in prison after she removed all of her ex-boyfriend's teeth during dental surgery just days after their breakup. "I tried to be professional and detach myself from my emotions," Anna Mackowiak, 34, told the Austrian Times. "But when I saw him lying there I just thought, 'What a bastard' and decided to take all his teeth out."... Adding to his trauma, Olszewski said his new girlfriend has already left him over his now toothless appearance. ...

Story: http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/dentist-pulls-her-ex-boyfriend-teeth-split-210829769.html

Marathon+Man+2.jpg

bvibert

Staff member
What kind of idiot would break up with someone and then go to them a few days later to have them perform dental surgery?!? He's lucky it was just his teeth that she removed!

That said it was certainly pretty unprofessional of her. I'd imagine she won't be working in the dentistry field anymore. Seems like a pretty stupid thing to ruin your whole life over....

ScottySkis

O
What kind of idiot would break up with someone and then go to them a few days later to have them perform dental surgery?!? He's lucky it was just his teeth that she removed!

That said it was certainly pretty unprofessional of her. I'd imagine she won't be working in the dentistry field anymore. Seems like a pretty stupid thing to ruin your whole life over....

That is part of the plot from the funny movie Horrible Bosses.

drjeff

No intention of playing Devil's Advocate here, as she pretty much readily admits that she lost it, BUT I could totally see a partial defense if this mid 40's year old British male (a group that generally speaking isn't known for their stellar oral hygiene), if there were some x-rays of him from before that showed that he had poor oral hygiene which had caused significant amounts of bone loss around his teeth that the overall treatment did have some level of justification.

The biggest issues which she'll have problems with, reguardless of his overall oral health status, is #1 i'm presuming that the British consent to treatment laws aren't that much different than the American consent laws and she didn't have consent for full mouth extractions. And then #2, once again presuming that British laws aren't that much different than American laws, it sounds like from the article that she had administered a sedative agent prior to beginning treatment, and in this country whenever a patient is sedated in a treatment room, there's always supposed to be atleast 2 people in the room (or atleast within the immediate voice range). Lastly, as a dentist whose done plenty of full mouth extractions (that I received consent to do prior! ;) ) over the years, they can get pretty bloody and are much easier with the help of an assistant (or two) to suction and pass instruments, and if she did have her assistant(s) in the treatment room while she was doing all these extractions, what the hell were they thinking as she was doing this and why didn't they take any action to stop her?? If she didn't have a/any assistant(s) in the room with her, then that's another potential issue too.

My guess is that she'll have her license suspended for 6 to 12 months, have to seek some psych counceling and have to pay whatever the British healthcare system doesn't cover for his dental restoration and some additional "pain and suffering" amount of cash. After it's all said and done, she'll likely have lots of women that have felt slighted by their boyfriends/husbands calling her practice to see her! ;) :lol: :rolleyes:

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Angry ex-wife (supposedly) stuffs gun into husband's kids stuffed animal to get him busted by the TSA

http://gizmodo.com/5908824/gun+stuf...e-the-tsa-should-search-4+year-olds-after-all

Guy is still allowed to fly though? (out of Providence - TF Green)

The frame of a .40 caliber gun. A loaded magazine. A firing pin. Those are among the weapons parts that were discovered inside the carry-on baggage of a very young child at Rhode Island's T.F. Green Airport. Or more precisely, inside the bear, rabbit, and Mickey Mouse stuffed animals the kid had brought to entertain himself during the two-hour flight to Detroit. They were, not surprisingly, discovered by the X-Ray machine.

legalskier

^ "It was the adrenaline," he said. "I'm not a badass or anything."

Oh yes, you are. Mos def.

Sure hope those rabie shots work for him & he heals ok.