• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Berkshire East - 2/23/2007

Grassi21

Great job Greg. The movie definitely captured the vibe of the day. Now I can officially say that I'm on youtube.

ALLSKIING

Staff member
Nice vid Greg...I should have taken a vid of you on the Beast that trail deserves some good footage I was done at that point. What happened with my vid at the end?

2knees

ahh crap i knew i shouldnt have watched that. Nice job guys. way to step up grassi. looking good. allskiing i gotta make it out one of these days with you, nice skiing.

bvibert

Staff member
Great video Greg! I just watched it twice, I watched the YouTube version while I was waiting for the Hi Res version to DL. :beer:

I like the ending credit scene with me meandering through Blizzard Island, I still can't believe I didn't see you there...

Greg

Staff member
What happened with my vid at the end?

That's a "film age" filter that I applied. I had to convert your file to get it to work in WMM and the color was weird. It's the same filter I applied to the last scene during the credits. Kind of a neat affect.

ahh crap i knew i shouldnt have watched that. Nice job guys. way to step up grassi. looking good. allskiing i gotta make it out one of these days with you, nice skiing.

Chris has improved. Skiing that cruddy natural snow will definitely result in better skiing. Dave is a helluva skier indeed.

I like the ending credit scene with me meandering through Blizzard Island, I still can't believe I didn't see you there...

Incognito camera work at its best... ;)

Still smiling... Legs are tight though... :blink:

2knees

Watching it a couple of times, greg, the last 2 runs you take are impressive. nice work on all the things you wanted to improve on. tight stance, quiet upperbody, hands in control up front. i'd swear that looked like a real true bumper.

FRITOLAYGUY

Greg of all your videos thats the best ive seen you look all year, pretty flawless in my opinion, allskiing the same.. Grassi21 and Bvibert, boy you 2 have made some serious progress , take a look at one of your videos from a month ago and look now, big strides, you guys all looked good out there, i gotta meet up with u guys at somepoint..

Greg

Staff member
Thanks for the kind words, guys. I quite possibly skied the best I ever have on Friday. I was able to keep my form going from open to close. That second to last clip right before the credits was my final run of the day. My legs are still cooked today though. Friday was Day 20 and all the mileage this season is really starting to pay off.

Greg

Staff member
Friday was Day 20 and all the mileage this season is really starting to pay off.

BTW, after 20 days without a tune, many of which included some intimacy with rocks and whatnot, my skis are finally back in the shop getting some much needed base repairs and a tune...

ALLSKIING

Staff member
Watching it a couple of times, greg, the last 2 runs you take are impressive. nice work on all the things you wanted to improve on. tight stance, quiet upperbody, hands in control up front. i'd swear that looked like a real true bumper.
Pat, He was killing it that day...Just on fire!! Fun to watch.

ALLSKIING

Staff member
BTW, after 20 days without a tune, many of which included some intimacy with rocks and whatnot, my skis are finally back in the shop getting some much needed base repairs and a tune...
Ha! Mine are also in the shop...BTW Greg the shop did find a problem with that binding and I might need to replace it:mad:

Greg

Staff member
Ha! Mine are also in the shop...BTW Greg the shop did find a problem with that binding and I might need to replace it:mad:

Really? Not surprised actually. With a DIN of 8.5, you should not have been pealing out of that binding as much as you did and when you did. You need those skis to stay ON when skiing a trail like Beast; that's for sure. Hope the Upper East Glades damage was minimal. What an adventure that was... :oops:

Great video Greg. I don't know how you turn those AC3's so quick. I'm jealous.

Thanks for the kind words Rich. The AC3 is a perfect ski for the conditions we had on Friday.

SkiFuzzzzy

Hi Alpine Zoners!
I am a brand new member inspired by your visit to berkshire east a few days ago. I actually spotted the pictures on the Beast's website, and I YouTube'd Berkshire East and you guys popped up a second time! I went to the Beast today (2/25). Overall, a good experience as usual. The terrain is always great there, although some of the trails had some pretty thin cover. The hits today were probably UMass and The Flying Cloud. Liftline looked terrible, so did Beast and Grizzly. Jug was a little grassy, but I skied it anyway. The competition trails were well-groomed as usual. I have only one question after viewing your movie and reading your comments: Don't you guys care about your bases? Geez! You guys must have been nailing those rocks and dirt on trails such as the Upper East Glades (Which I stayed away from!)
Okay, just felt like filling you guys in on todays conditions, also just wanted to mention as a new member with my first post: Great Site!

-Fuzzy
:D

ALLSKIING

Staff member
Hi Alpine Zoners!
I am a brand new member inspired by your visit to berkshire east a few days ago. I actually spotted the pictures on the Beast's website, and I YouTube'd Berkshire East and you guys popped up a second time! I went to the Beast today (2/25). Overall, a good experience as usual. The terrain is always great there, although some of the trails had some pretty thin cover. The hits today were probably UMass and The Flying Cloud. Liftline looked terrible, so did Beast and Grizzly. Jug was a little grassy, but I skied it anyway. The competition trails were well-groomed as usual. I have only one question after viewing your movie and reading your comments: Don't you guys care about your bases? Geez! You guys must have been nailing those rocks and dirt on trails such as the Upper East Glades (Which I stayed away from!)
Okay, just felt like filling you guys in on todays conditions, also just wanted to mention as a new member with my first post: Great Site!

-Fuzzy
Welcome Fuzzy!! Our bases took a bit of a beating but not real bad. I would usually not abuse my bases that much but it was just one of those days. Looking forward to reading more of your posts.

bvibert

Staff member
Actually, no I don't really care about my bases all that much. If they get screwed up that what P-Tex is for. ;) The only trail that was real bad was upper east glades, which was practically bare. That was more of an accidental excursion that we certainly didn't repeat. The rest of the trails had pretty decent coverage when we were there with only a few spots of dirt and grass poking through... and the occasional rock. My skis sure could use a tune now though. :)

BTW, welcome to the site. I hope we hear more from you.

Greg

Staff member
Hi Alpine Zoners!

-Fuzzy

Welcome Fuzzy! Cool. I was hoping that the YouTubage would result in some people checking out the site. Re: base damage. Any real damage would have occurred on Upper East Glades which was certainly by accident. Beast was intentional and a bit rough at the top, but at least we were able to scope it out. The rest of the mountain had plenty of cover. Sure some base scratches and worn edges likely was the result, but natural snow skis sooooo much better. I love the challenge of poking around thin cover. All skis are rock skis!!!

Greg

Staff member
I would usually not abuse my bases that much but it was just one of those days.

What's that supposed to mean? :blink: One of those days with a nutcase tour guide that barely knows the mountain...? :lol: Come on. It was an epic adventure! How are your legs feeling today?

Just found out from the shop that I will be getting a new pair and the best part is its under warranty:beer:

Good news. See? Skiing so hard at the Beast might have been the only way that problem would have shown up so I actually did you a favor... ;)